B&O Memnon, Roberval Saguenay 0-4-2 tank

844fan

Hey all my friends, I am working on finding out some info about two of my favorite locomotives. 

One is a old war horse from the US named Memnon, I have bee trying my best to find much about her and I really need good details on her driving rods and the angle that her cylinder is towards her running boards. Oddly I thought I had made a breakthrough and found a model based on the B&O L class (Memnon's class design) but I can't examine her well due to the game Railway Empire's not being easy to rip. So I thought maybe you guys can help me in a more traditional way.

Now the Tank engine Has been minorly annoying, the engine I can rough out I think from the side view I found but I really like knowing a locos wheel sizes or crank pin spacing to get them more akin to the real loco.

I know she is on display in Canada, but at the moment of posting her current design. Also they removed the side tanks. I have no idea why but and version I make will be based on her true face as seen here. Anyway sorry for the oddly worded post this time, Just about ready to go to bed an hurt my knee so I had to take half a paill and it took a moment for them to get my head off the pain.

Hope you guys can help and here are two photos of said engines. Enjoy. Memnon is first and RS is second.9102.1189702800.jpg.96d71c69a7a6311f1b97619e7abcbf7c.jpg479682107_15(1).jpg.e9218b906188d819ef9cd97cb1454300.jpg

16 hours ago, 844fan said:

479682107_15(1).jpg.e9218b906188d819ef9cd97cb1454300.jpg

I know she is on display in Canada, but at the moment of posting her current design. Also they removed the side tanks. I have no idea why but and version I make will be based on her true face as seen here.

Some searching revealed some photos and a bit of info but no specific data - not a surprise given how poorly documented so much of the older stuff is when you get into the smaller railroads.

As for RS 15, the RS Railway modified it from after purchase - it was originally a 0-4-0T that eventually got turned into what you apparently like in its 0-4-2T

At a guess the side items added were likely in bad shape and thus it was easier and cheaper to simply remove them - flat top surfaces are always problematic (particularly for outdoor display items) given water pooling and the freeze/thaw cycle that happens multiple times each winter.

These are the links to photos that I found in case they help:

http://www.trainweb.org/oldtimetrains/RS/roster_steam.htm

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locThumbs.aspx?id=170177

la-pulperie-de-chicoutimi.jpg?w=1200&h=-

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, mdvle said:

Some searching revealed some photos and a bit of info but no specific data - not a surprise given how poorly documented so much of the older stuff is when you get into the smaller railroads.

As for RS 15, the RS Railway modified it from after purchase - it was originally a 0-4-0T that eventually got turned into what you apparently like in its 0-4-2T

At a guess the side items added were likely in bad shape and thus it was easier and cheaper to simply remove them - flat top surfaces are always problematic (particularly for outdoor display items) given water pooling and the freeze/thaw cycle that happens multiple times each winter.

These are the links to photos that I found in case they help:

http://www.trainweb.org/oldtimetrains/RS/roster_steam.htm

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locThumbs.aspx?id=170177

la-pulperie-de-chicoutimi.jpg?w=1200&h=-

That is awesome!

I will have to agree the false/temporary tanks were chucked in the bin when she was restored. But there is some excellent potential to make a scale drawing if any of your photos are frm the side where we can ratio them out with the front photo and her bunker photos!