Hornby Scotrail HST - power car couplers?

matchmaker

No they don’t unfortunately. Most of my stock is Kadees but for my HSTs I’ve used Hunt magnetic couplings. Hunt do a special fitting specific for the HST as well as the Mk3s.  As an aside they also do specific couplings for Hornby clip fit couplings as used on their older Mk3s, Mk2ds etc.  If you don’t know about Hunt head across to Westhill Wagon Works website - they may even do a Pack specially for Scotrail HSTs

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

The new HST’s will have NEM pockets. The current ones do but they are lower and not in the correct position and they use cranked couplings. The new ones are being modified to allow correct height NEM pockets to go with the newly tooled Mk3 coaches. 

I have FGW and GWR HST’s and based on the date of release I believe that the Scotrail Inter7city power cars do have NEM pockets but as Hilux5972 says they are cranked. 

check the Hornby site for the relevant Service sheets.

Sorry yes they are NEM sockets but totally the wrong height (so therefore are not NEM compliant). The Hunt set will fit and correct the height ready to couple to your stock.  There is not a Kadee you can fit that will do this unfortunately as they only work in NEM sockets at correct height.

M

You could try using a long overset Kadee #149 mounted directly under the rear of the locomotive. You'll probably need some spacers as as it will be too high for Kadee's height gauge but should be fairly simply to install.