May 2022 BRM + WOR TV

Howard Smith

• Moderators

Welcome everyone to the May digital issue of BRM. There's a wealth of additional content available to digital viewers. It's a good opportunity to remind readers who haven't converted to a WOR+ membership of its benefits.

A World of Railways Plus membership gets you access to our archive magazine section, containing BRM, Engineering in Miniature, Garden Rail, Traction and Narrow Gauge World.

Plus, if you're looking for layout plan ideas, or a trackplan that works, you'll be able to download and print the growing number of trackplans from our archive.

WOR+ members are treated to bonus video content too – expect the unexpected – anything from a workshop tour of a well-known modeller, to how a model is laser-scanned.

As if that wasn't enough, you can enter into our regular WOR+ subscriber-only competitions and you'll have access to RMweb Gold, too! Take a closer look here.

The May 2022 issue of BRM is available in stores or from World-of-Railways, and if you aren't already a WOR+ subscriber, can be downloaded from www.pocketmags.com/BRM. Here's what you can find inside…

LAYOUTS
•    Granby Junction (OO)

BRM MAY 22 Granby Junction 11.jpg

•    Humphrey Road Sidings (OO)

BRM May 2022 Humphrey Road 13.jpg

•    Dunfermline Upper 62C & Charlestown Kiln (OO)

BRM May 2022 Charlestown Kilns 1.jpg

PRACTICAL ADVICE

•    How to build this N gauge factory...

APRIL22 N GAUGE FACTORY STEP 18.jpg

•    Build your own electricity pylons. A step-by-step guide to these magnificent creations...

How to build a pylon May 22 LEAD 2.jpg

•    Top 5 DCC myths explained

May 22 DCC ARTICLE Picture 3a - Myth 1 - Locomotive with lights on.jpg

•    Layout street lighting – know your options...

BRM MAY22 St Ruth.jpg

•    Build this 3D-printed travelling Post Office van kit...

BRM MAY 22 Isinglass TPO 01.jpg

•    Revitalise a second-hand locomotive, we show how...

Repairing and improving old locomotives step 8.JPG

PLUS
•    Prototype Inspiration: Modelling the industrial complex of Trafford Park

MAY 22 PROTOTYPE IN THE PARK LEAD IMAGE.jpg

•    2021 BRMA Winners announced

•    Reviews of the new Hornby A1, new iron ore wagons from KR Models, Revolution’s new IWA wagons and the all-new gunpowder vans from Rapido.

Digital copies are packed with bonus content. This month includes eight extra videos, two bonus layout articles, 54 exclusive images, and a free issue of Traction magazine! It's one of our biggest digital issues to date!

Also included your monthly dose of World of Railways TV. This month, Phil Parker gives us a tour of his latest exhibition layout, 'DHAPR Wagon Works'. Howard Smith takes a ride with Hornby on the luxurious Belmond Pullman, plus we meet Severn Valley Railway apprentices to discover more about their duties.

Enjoy the issue!

H

Hello,

What happened to the access to the video content for paper subscribers? I've just worked out that I haven't had the normal email with youtube links since February?

Thanks,

Ian

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, Ian_M said:

Hello,

What happened to the access to the video content for paper subscribers? I've just worked out that I haven't had the normal email with youtube links since February?

Thanks,

Ian

Same here.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Ian_M said:

What happened to the access to the video content for paper subscribers?

From a conversation earlier this week it appears there was an error in the email software to subscribers. I understand they're trying to resolve the issue and get the links out.

• Thanks 3

• 1 month later...
On 12/05/2022 at 09:05, AY Mod said:

From a conversation earlier this week it appears there was an error in the email software to subscribers. I understand they're trying to resolve the issue and get the links out.

Have you or anyone else in the BRM team had any further news concerning this?

• Moderators
On 12/06/2022 at 09:53, Invicta Informant said:

I'm chasing that up now.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
On 12/06/2022 at 09:53, Invicta Informant said:

Hi. Can you email us at brm@warnersgroup.co.uk so we can check your details match those on our system please?

• Thanks 2