Image restoration from pre-May 2021 continues and may take an indefinite period of time.

☆ SWAG Members Day- SUNDAY 23RD APRIL 2023☆

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 

Yes, I know, I know it's only just happened but perhaps a tribute to the success of this years SWAG Members day, questions are already being asked about next years event. 

**Please note that this is all subject to any re- emergence of pesky pandemics or any other as yet unidentified acts of your particular God**

Ahem. Here then is a pre-announcement ahead of any further announcements of announcements later in the year. 

So, this is what is intended. 

Put on by The Noble Realm of  SWAG for the entertainment of  Rmwebbers..............

Venue

Staplegrove Village Hall,

214 Staplegrove Rd,

Taunton

TA2 6AL

10am-4pm Sunday 23rd April 2023. 

Layouts- These are in hoof and their owners have been approached. 

Demos-More demos next year. Victims.......sorry, skilled demonstrators have been identified and coercion is .....sorry, negotiations are ongoing. 

Traders- Yes. 

Cake- As ever. Numerous and varied. All yummy. 

Pasties- Of course. 

Bring and buy. 

Naughty step. Normally fully occupied by the day of the event but consideration will be given to suitable late contenders. 

Loud shirts- encouraged. Possible Picasso award on the day for best effort. *Please note- no additional kudos will be gained if other visitors/exhibitors are induced to vomit by your wardrobe.  

Full details of all the above will be confirmed later in the year, probably late November, early December. 

But for now, plonk it in the diary. 

Rob. 

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Do we need to consider the needs of the bananas?

Only those in the  Republic. 

• RMweb Gold

Given confusion for the 2022 event over where people were staying on the Sat night for pre-event meet ups perhaps some means of circulating that could be arranged. I probably live too close, but that said a mini-break with Saturday on the West Somerset and then the SWAG day has appeal provided neither my wife or I get other Saturday commitments.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, john new said:

Given confusion for the 2022 event over where people were staying on the Sat night for pre-event meet ups perhaps some means of circulating that could be arranged. I probably live too close, but that said a mini-break with Saturday on the West Somerset and then the SWAG day has appeal provided neither my wife or I get other Saturday commitments.

Plenty of time, John. 

At this stage, I've simply raised awareness of next years event. As per my OP, there will be no further update from me before Nov/December though there will be much work being done on the event between now and then. 

Socially, I'm not sure there was any real confusion this year. It was different to previous years. That's all.  Most of the exhibitors opted to travel down on the day which in itself  differed from other years. Fully understandable given the last two years, COVID and the current economic climate. Those that did travel were somewhat scattered about. In addition a number of us had other commitments on the Saturday. Yet another factor that impacted on the usual arrangements. 

The above may still be the case next year. Who knows ? 

Most of the pre-event social stuff gets sorted between January and April anyway so I would stand by. 

That said, if in the intervening 11 months a pi$$ up can't be organised then we have a significant and possibly insurmountable problem...........

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 4
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2