New Accurascale Exclusives Announcement - RTC Mark 2B Twin Pack in 00/4mm

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, aeroplane said:

In the future maybe sent an email / social media message that says "limited edition coach for sale 7 days from now". Excitement will build as to what it is and everyone can plan accordingly.

Also you could say "half go on sale Wednesday 9am and the other half goes on sale Saturday 5pm". Then everyone has a chance of getting one.

Interesting idea.

In the world of "Limited Run" physical editions of video games, they do exactly this.

Half the stock is set to go live with a favourable time for the East Coast of the USA, and half goes live with a favourable time for the West Coast. 

After that time, unallocated stock is then available for however long the numbers last.

They also don't do this without at least one weeks' notice of what the product "actually is". 

The only downside can be an internet based "scrum" the likes that Hornby experienced with their Class 66 Captain Tom, which can be frustrating as a customer unable to login.

My own experience yesterday, I saw the announcement. I own the old and new Bachmann versions of Class 24 Experiment and the relatively recent Hornby RTC stock. 

I instantly looked at the website and noted with interest the remaining stock allocation of 275 models left out of 400. If I hadn't have seen that I may have foolishly waited a few days, but as the cost was £120 with shipping included, I was prepared to just go for it, which I'm glad I did.

Edited by GraemeWatson
Grammar
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

17 minutes ago, GraemeWatson said:

Interesting idea.

In the world of "Limited Run" physical editions of video games, they do exactly this.

Half the stock is set to go live with a favourable time for the East Coast of the USA, and half goes live with a favourable time for the West Coast. 

After that time, unallocated stock is then available for however long the numbers last.

Clearly am opportunity for an equivalent to the sniping software used on ebay.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, GraemeWatson said:

Interesting idea.

Perhaps another option is using the loyalty program.., start giving etokens based on site spend that can be redeemed for access to purchasing exclusives before the hoipolloi… a queue jump, as it were.

Ive already seen the loyalty credit online… (not spent it yet).

but i’m think more of the United Airlines style “segments flown” in addition to points earned, where those credits can be used for “low cost” items like last minute upgrades, extra luggage or lounge access, saving those precious points for future flights.

Hornby did something similar with its ‘wheels’ on the box in the 1980’s where you sent cut out 10 “wheels” off the box ends with a cheque you got 86414 Frank Hornby a few weeks later.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Perhaps another option is using the loyalty program.., start giving etokens based on site spend that can be redeemed for access to purchasing exclusives before the hoipolloi… a queue jump, as it were.

Ive already seen the loyalty credit online… (not spent it yet).

but i’m think more of the United Airlines style “segments flown” in addition to points earned, where those credits can be used for “low cost” items like last minute upgrades, extra luggage or lounge access, saving those precious points for future flights.

Hornby did something similar with its ‘wheels’ on the box in the 1980’s where you sent cut out 10 “wheels” off the box ends with a cheque you got 86414 Frank Hornby a few weeks later.

perhaps we should start a collectors club?

• Like 3
  • Agree 8
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, McC said:

Nahhh. I don't think that's necessary. Your customer base is already loyal enough!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, McC said:

Not sure, it sets up expectation of “stuff” to support the club, and that risks detracting from the main objective of producing models.

I do think though that “loyalty” spend is ignored by all manufacturers, no one cares the difference of a customer who spends £5 a year on his bag of nails to one who spends >£1k a month.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
Just now, adb968008 said:

Not sure, it sets up expectation of “stuff” to support the club, and that risks detracting from the main objective of producing models.

I do think though that “loyalty” spend is ignored by all manufacturers, no one cares a customer who spends £5 a year to one who spends £5k a month.

I think there is a role for both. Let’s face it, Accurascale seem to be here for the long term and to have the potential to become a big player.

With that, there will be a level of expectation that such schemes do become available. 

As for having to do “stuff”, Accurascale have already demonstrated a number of specials and these could have been pitched through a collectors club. It doesn’t necessarily mean that they are only available that way, but it could be that for the first month members get priority access. 

Roy

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, McC said:

I guess that depends - some customers clearly possess the mentality for such things.  Whilst of course I cannot speak for everyone, however I tend to be the exact opposite - ie. the first question to myself is, why do I need to pay a fee in order to receive a bundle of 'merchandise' that I likely have no use for, or would have had no intention of ever acquiring had it not been for 'the club'?  And all to have the 'prestigious' [*cough*] opportunity to purchase an 'exclusive' model at an inflated price?  No thanks. 

At the end of the day, if models become too tiresome and expensive to pin down then for me the 'hobby' begins to feel like hard work, at which point it's all a bit of a turn-off - which means I'm more likely to throw my hard-earned cash in an alternative direction.  Others may disagree, naturally.

My interests are solely in obtainable, high quality models.  Collectors clubs, limited edition certificates, fancy bits of paper and the like?  I'm no longer sixteen years of age and have no need for such gimmicks.  

Call me old-fashioned, but just keep things simple by keeping the great models flowing, it's all good...

Al

Edited by YesTor
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold

The suggestion was somewhat tongue in cheek, we believe in offering the widest possible availability, which is why we welcome retailers, don't have any tiers or minimums and guarantee 100% of allocations to both customers and trade partners always. Limited editions are something we will review going forward, as we'd rather everyone can enjoy everything.

On the loyalty front, accurascale.co.uk does run a loyalty reward scheme, where you can earn redeemable credits on all your purchases (and even when you leave a review for a purchase ) - check out the details here: https://accurascale.co.uk/pages/support#reamaze#0#/kb/customer-credit-scheme/how-do-i-earn-credits

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

8 minutes ago, McC said:

On the loyalty front, accurascale.co.uk does run a loyalty reward scheme, where you can earn redeemable credits on all your purchases (and even when you leave a review for a purchase ) - check out the details here: https://accurascale.co.uk/pages/support#reamaze#0#/kb/customer-credit-scheme/how-do-i-earn-credits

Not a big deal, but I do think people should only be allowed to leave reviews after the models have come out. Seen some reviews for the 92 and 37 already on your website! The "verified buyer" tag is good though.

Edited by aeroplane
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, aeroplane said:

Not a big deal, but I do think people should only be allowed to leave reviews after the models have come out. Seen some reviews for the 92 and 37 already on your website! The "verified buyer" tag is good though.

Perhaps the reviews are based on model samples on display at exhibitions.

Cheers

Darius

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, aeroplane said:

agreed. That was a glitch where the system was allowing those who’d a fulfilled deposit leave a review. Otherwise it only allows reviews for items you’ve received. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, McC said:

agreed. That was a glitch where the system was allowing those who’d a fulfilled deposit leave a review. Otherwise it only allows reviews for items you’ve received. 

No doubt now your site will crash once the likes of the locomotive formally known as Deltic and the 37 turn up with reviews,its a nice touch the reward for purchase and for those not fortunate have vast wealth or to retire with a shirt on ones back. Says a lot about your business sence and its paying off with the following you have,the rock gods of model rail,Jools and Sir Rod will be rubbing shoulders with you since rubbing offs not allowed,you deserve all the praise.

51 minutes ago, McC said:

The suggestion was somewhat tongue in cheek, we believe in offering the widest possible availability, which is why we welcome retailers, don't have any tiers or minimums and guarantee 100% of allocations to both customers and trade partners always. Limited editions are something we will review going forward, as we'd rather everyone can enjoy everything.

Just on that note, I popped in to a (well stocked and well run) model shop that I use regularly. He had the Accurascale MGR Hoppers in stock so I bought a Railfreight Red pack to go with the others I had delivered this week. 

I asked him whether he would be stocking the Mk2s and he said he was trying to order them but was having some difficulty with the Accurascale process When he checked his account, the Mk2s he thought he had on order were not there. I left the list of the ones I wanted with him as that would be my preferred method of purchase (I much prefer collecting my stuff personally than having to manage parcel deliveries).
I won't mention the dealer here as he is trying to sort it, but just thought I would flag because as a customer that would ultimately be my chosen method to buy a quite a few upcoming Accurascale releases. If he struggles to resolve the issues I'm happy to share details by PM.

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, andyman7 said:

Just on that note, I popped in to a (well stocked and well run) model shop that I use regularly. He had the Accurascale MGR Hoppers in stock so I bought a Railfreight Red pack to go with the others I had delivered this week. 

I asked him whether he would be stocking the Mk2s and he said he was trying to order them but was having some difficulty with the Accurascale process When he checked his account, the Mk2s he thought he had on order were not there. I left the list of the ones I wanted with him as that would be my preferred method of purchase (I much prefer collecting my stuff personally than having to manage parcel deliveries).
I won't mention the dealer here as he is trying to sort it, but just thought I would flag because as a customer that would ultimately be my chosen method to buy a quite a few upcoming Accurascale releases. If he struggles to resolve the issues I'm happy to share details by PM.

Am sure if he gets into us we can help. We have email and LiveChat and more and are always available to help. Our preorder system for trade is a dedicated B2b purchase order system so he’s possibly just liking in the wrong place. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, McC said:

The thing is you already share so much with us online there would be nothing left to put in the magazine!

• Funny 2

6 hours ago, adb968008 said:

You can't use that to cut out speculators.  They will have a purchase history too, quite probably a very good one!

All you would be doing is to exclude first-time customers, which is never good for business.

Edited by Michael Hodgson
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, aeroplane said:

I assume I can't leave reviews for products if I've bought through one of the dealers instead of direct?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

You can't use that to cut out speculators.  They will have a purchase history too, quite probably a very good one!

All you would be doing is to exclude first-time customers, which is never good for business.

Bachmann sets a max purchase of 2 units per person, Hornby does too on some limited edition items. Of course a scalper can use two emails, mates address etc etc but how far do you go ?

personally if a loco costs as much as a washing machine, it should come with a QR code that acts as a manufacturer asset tag, which to obtain warranty should be registered to a manufacturer… if sold on its invalidated/revalidated, covers the manufacturer, and for the buyer, even if registered, it serves as a proof of ownership if something untoward happens….

Blockchain tech of course applied to that tag could be a very unique way to monitor ownership and maintain pricavy of those assets… Deltic = New Bitcoin?.. well it sets up a substitute for selling on via ebay, with a credible log history… all of a sudden buying a model opens options for a platform to manage your collection…

Edited by adb968008

17 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Blockchain tech of course applied to that tag could be a very unique way to monitor ownership and maintain pricavy of those assets… Deltic = New Bitcoin?.. well it sets up a substitute for selling on via ebay, with a credible log history… all of a sudden buying a model opens options for a platform to manage your collection…

Hmmm. 

The Terra cryptocurrency collapsed the other day and the combined market value of all the world's cryptocurrencies was $1.2 trillion yesterday, only half what it was in November.  That's still one hell of a lot of rolling stock, but I wouldn't recommend such investments for your pension fund - or for the global envirnoment.

• RMweb Gold
On 13/05/2022 at 23:42, Michael Hodgson said:

Hmmm. 

The Terra cryptocurrency collapsed the other day and the combined market value of all the world's cryptocurrencies was $1.2 trillion yesterday, only half what it was in November.  That's still one hell of a lot of rolling stock, but I wouldn't recommend such investments for your pension fund - or for the global envirnoment.

Block chain and crypto currency are not the same thing.

Its like comparing a passenger train to the track, one rides on the other to make a product… of course not all trains are passenger trains, and not all applications of Blockchain are crypto currency.

One could argue blockchain is the IT application of rolling stock diagrams, to its stock, the stocks revenue on that train, between the two points, all maintained in a series of registers… :

the combination of 455843 2U76 0025 Vic - Nwd jn 0102 on 15/05/2022 with 30 odd like mind enthusiast such as myself last night is a unique and unreplicable event… which could be encoded simply as a chain.. 4558432U760025VICNWD01021505202230
which can be authenticated off its previous.. 4558432K732321WCYVIC00051405202230  

That represents the last Southern 455 in passenger service, and contains elements that can be verified by its previous service (to Victoria ) and identifies its next source (Norwood jn).., and of course any errors in that could be weeded out by other registers (forum members) who would have no issue weeding out a fake to that combination, such as my proposed next.. 4558435Z000900NWDNRM09021505202200

The constant here is the “Currency”.. 455843, who’s value is arguably about to depreciate considerably next week, 39 years after being “mined” in York.

now thats definitely off topic.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

• 2 weeks later...

A quick heads up if I may, unfortunately life changes and I’ve requested that I cancel my order, presumably they’ll become available again via the website so if you missed out you might just get lucky 🙂, if you do enjoy, Rob

• Friendly/supportive 7