Damaged Tam valley Hex frog juicer.

Hi All.

I bought this as is and really don't know what caused it to happen!

Just wondering if any electronics expert could tell me what is needed to repair it? 

I'm led to believe they're resistors but what values would they be?

Four out of the six circuits work fine, the other one has a different problem! 

I've tried to contact Tam valley but no answer!

Thanks in advance.

Del.

20220423_102127.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

They are 47 ohm resistors. They should be easily sourced, via eBay or electronics sites. They shouldn't be too expensive, and you need to get the same size and wattage surface mount devices (SMD).

I don't suppose there's a diagram for the circuit? It would tell you what you need.

Good luck with the repairs.

Rob

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

They look like they may be were 0.47Ω resistors. You may be able to confirm that when you remove the two damaged items.

I would be tempted to suggest that they may not be the only components that have blown. If the current was enough to scorch the resistors it may have been enough to pop some other components as well. 

Edited by Ray H
To correct resistor value as per Crosland's post below
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, mezzoman253 said:

Hi,

They are 47 ohm resistors. They should be easily sourced, via eBay or electronics sites. They shouldn't be too expensive, and you need to get the same size and wattage surface mount devices (SMD).

I don't suppose there's a diagram for the circuit? It would tell you what you need.

Good luck with the repairs.

Rob

47 ohm would normally have the r after the number, I would have said 0.47 ohn

• Like 1

They are 0.47 ohm resistors, used for current sensing. The fact they have released their magic smoke means that an overload was not detected correctly and the outputs were not turned off (or reversed) in a timely fashion. I would assume the MOSFETs for those channels are also damaged as they too will have had excess current through them.

• 1 year later...

Ooh this is exactly what happened to mine. Except my resistors say R91 - so Tam Valley have changed the spec at some point. I bought mine in 2020.