RMweb Premium - No Google Ads

Message added by AY Mod,

If you are still seeing Google ads or pop-up videos after registering for Premium please do make sure you have followed Steps 1-4 in the first post - https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/171928-rmweb-premium-no-google-ads/

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Andy, it sounds just what I was hoping for.

I wonder if it is worth mentioning that BRM and the archive (I think/hope) are of course available for a separate subscription which I shall be taking up solely to be able to read the magazine off line. This brings round quite nicely to . . . . . . 

I presume waiting from my Gold subscription to expire before I switch over is probably the best way to go to avoid causing too much aggro?

Thanks again.

• RMweb Premium

After putting in all the details it popped up with "checkout error", but it seems to have gone through regardless - "Problem Detected! Either successful payment notification has not been received for this order OR this order has already been processed. Please try again or contact our team for assistance on +44 (0)1778 391180." I've not called because it seems to have worked anyway (without trying again).

Edited by Reorte

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Ray H said:

I presume waiting from my Gold subscription to expire before I switch over is probably the best way to go to avoid causing too much aggro?

Probably Ray, give subs a call on 01778 392002 a call to confirm any dates.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Reorte said:

After putting in all the details it popped up with "checkout error", but it seems to have gone through regardless.

All seems to have processed OK but I noted it had taken a little longer than some.

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

All seems to have processed OK but I noted it had taken a little longer than some.

The automated bank call for an online payment seems to have gotten longer than the last time I used it.

Anyway, thanks for getting this all in place.

Edited by Reorte
  • Informative/Useful 1

• Moderators

Don't forget the Classifieds; if you sold something for over a £120 you'd recover the £12 against what you'd pay on normal eBay fees.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Signed up very easily, took my German address with no query, which sometimes happens on a variety of sites.

When I went to the integration page, that went very fast as well. I was expecting some issue as my tablet is not the newest device in the world. Certainly speedes up the browsing experience. 

Thanks for introducing this facility.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Many thanks to Andy and the team for setting up the Premium version. All was straightforward by following the instructions step-by-step. All seems to work perfectly with no Ad intrusions.

Once again, many thanks. Your hard work is greatly appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Worked OK for me apart from the initial log-in to World of Railways - I was sure I had registered for this years ago as I get weekly emails etc but I had no idea what my password was. When I tried to reset, the email back to me never arrived. Tried again just in case I had screwed up my email address but still nothing - if I wasn't already registered, I would have thought the system would tell me at the outset that the email hadn't been recognised. I then registered as a new customer and all went OK after that.

I'm already missing the continuous video with historical info on what had happened on that day - I never clicked on it so I have no idea what they were trying to sell as it had obviously been paid for. Many thanks for introducing this new scheme - even though it took much longer than you first expected!

Mike

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Mike Bellamy said:

I never clicked on it so I have no idea what they were trying to sell as it had obviously been paid for.

It's just a placeholder before a video ad was served.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Whee-heee! 

Sorry - a bit too enthusiastic, perhaps?  Anyway, many thanks due to @AY Modand @SteveCole for all the behind the scenes efforts to make this available, especially with everything else to manage.

Happy to report a seamless registration and payment process, with instant integration across the three devices I use (laptop, iPad and phone), which was a nice bonus.

Looks like we can peek into the Gold Members' Lounge now too - I don't normally get into reserved sections, so that was worth my thruppence today just to have a look in 😀 (I'm easily pleased).  Thanks again, Keith.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

Looks like we can peek into the Gold Members' Lounge now too - I don't normally get into reserved sections

It's there for if there are any issues you need support with.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

It's just a placeholder before a video ad was served.

In that case - many thanks for showing that as I suppose that setting it up was an additional cost for Warners. I guess that in due course those still seeing adverts will get one that's more distracting - as it was always there , I found it easy to ignore it.

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

It's there for if there are any issues you need support with.

You'll be telling us you're a volunteer for Samaritans next - I bet it feels like it sometimes . . . . . . . 

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Mike Bellamy said:

You'll be telling us you're a volunteer for Samaritans next - I bet it feels like it sometimes . . . . . . 

Some days, with some people, it's more likely I would be needing to call them.

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

Well that was easy to sign up for.

Annoying videos gone & website less cluttered.

Thanks Andy & team for getting this sorted at last . £1 a month is good vfm. 

Dava.

Edited by Dava
Amended
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

@AY Mod   Just tried to set up and pay, but it doesn't seem to like my Password, so I have requested it, but after some 15 minutes it hasn't come through. I don't seem to have a SPAM folder to look into either on my G-Mail..

HELP please.

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

oddly I can't react to any posts in this topic

I can but i can't switch between pages

If viewing page two any attempt at going back to page one using the page navigation just locks up.

I then need to reload the page to get to page 1

What's this GIF89a and control characters at the bottom of the reply?