RMweb Premium - No Google Ads

Message added by AY Mod,

If you are still seeing Google ads or pop-up videos after registering for Premium please do make sure you have followed Steps 1-4 in the first post - https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/171928-rmweb-premium-no-google-ads/

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

It's worth subtly mentioning...

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE FIRST POST!

A fair number sign up and don't do step 2, or if they have they haven't told me there's an issue.

And then read step 4.

Or just go back and read 'em all again, there's only four. ;)

The premium theme seems to have some features missing, will they come in due course?

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, dhjgreen said:

The premium theme seems to have some features missing, will they come in due course?

Yes, there's still some tweaking to do, particularly mobile menus. Why they've disappeared from what was a copy of the default theme is a mystery.

Was there something else you've specifically spotted?

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, AY Mod said:

Yes, there's still some tweaking to do, particularly mobile menus. Why they've disappeared from what was a copy of the default theme is a mystery.

Was there something else you've specifically spotted?

I am missing the acivity menu and ignore both topic button and the function.  I can now see they have gone from ad theme too, Andriod tablet.

• Informative/Useful 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, dhjgreen said:

missing the acivity menu and ignore both topic button and the function. 

Thanks for that, the latter may be subforum specific, such as this area.

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, AY Mod said:

Thanks for that, the latter may be subforum specific, such as this area.

I am aware that ignore is not always available, however, the listing in my profile is missing and topics I have ignored are showing again

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Probably Ray, give subs a call on 01778 392002 a call to confirm any dates.

Excellent service as ever Andy.

My present subscription has a couple of months to run. I'll do the swap then.

Thanks once again

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, dhjgreen said:

I am missing the acivity menu and ignore both topic button and the function.  I can now see they have gone from ad theme too, Andriod tablet.

It is the same on desktop too  win10 chrome, and on firefox with the tablet🤪

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Just signed up for Premium, excellent, thanks very much

I'm surprised its as little as £12, I was expecting it to be quite a bit more than that.

Thanks again,

Dave.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

just had an email reminding me to activate Premium if I had not already done so (I have and it's all OK)

However, just a very minor point - whoever put the email together needs to look at it again - see duplicated last line

You will only need to do this once. Once your RMweb Premium membership and RMweb account are linked, your membership privileges will continue for the duration of your membership for the duration of your membership.

• Thanks 1

Andy, @AY Mod I have tried to register again from my new E-Mail address at G-Mail, (the old BT one that I'm currently registered with as "Andrew P" was deleted many years ago.

When I try to re register from G-Mail, it tells me I cant use "Andrew P" as its in use, yes by me. 😊

If I register under a different name, "Andy P" or similar will it attach to my threads, or is that something you would need to look at, as I'm using a new E-Mail address and a new Name?

Thanks for a great package and hoping I can give you some money  soon. 😆

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

or is that something you would need to look at, a

I need to check something in the morning before I can give guidance.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Andy, whilst I never complained about the advert issue I hadn’t realised how much it interfered with the pleasure of the RMWEB, if anyone wants to spend £12 to improve your life then this is it, many thanks for your perseverance to get this sorted 🤗👍

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

I just set it up using PayPal (15.74US), let me see if this is working.

EDIT 1: Oddly, I can not rate any of the posts in this thread; either before setting it up or now after doing so.

EDIT 2: I can rate posts in all the rest of the threads, so no real problem. Note that I was not getting any ads (my US ISP address location, maybe?) but thought that it would be nice to support something that gives me a lot of pleasure and "pen pals"! There is another forum that I support in the same way over here (shameless plug following) called the OGR Forum (run by O Gauge Railroading magazine). Thank you, Andy, for setting this up.

Edited by J. S. Bach
To add some information.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1