Lima Shell gas wagons

Hi all, there was an article on here about some Lima Shell gas wagons they had converted to a more convincing prototype, with the white livery and orange band. Could anyone point me in the right direction? Since all the pictures disappeared I'm struggling to find anything. Thanks

12 minutes ago, Moxy said:

White livery with an orange band suggests it is possibly an ICI tank of some sort.

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/privateownerchemicaltank

I have not been able to find any articles on here specifically about ICI tanks using the Lima model, but perhaps someone else might remember the thread?

White barrel with orange stripe is the mandatory livery for tanks conveying gas under pressure, I believe, rather than being specific to one operator. Apart from ICI, these included BP, Dow Chemicals, Esso, and the various hire companies.

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, Fat Controller said:

White barrel with orange stripe is the mandatory livery for tanks conveying gas under pressure, I believe, rather than being specific to one operator. Apart from ICI, these included BP, Dow Chemicals, Esso, and the various hire companies.

Thank you for the clarification Brian, I wasn't aware of that.

I have done a bit more digging on here, and I think the thread(s) the OP is looking for is one of these:

Both around June 2015.  Sadly neither have the photos back yet.

Hope this helps.

Nigel Walls on his YouTube channel Wallsrail has done one of these Lima tanks as a German ferry tank in VTG livery with an orange stripe.

I've also recently finished a build of two in P4 as French registered Algeco tanks.

• Thanks 1