Welcome To The Scale Model Scenery RM Web Hangout!

Hello all!

As we've now got an official forum on here I thought I'd better get the first post in the bag :) And firstly say thank you for all your support over the years. It's been a long time since I logged in here.
So welcome to the Scale Model Scenery corner of RMWeb. Feel free to post pics of whatever kits of ours your working on in here, discuss our products, give us feedback etc.

Please note though, customer service queries (such as order tracking, heaven forbid any order problems etc) are best dealt with by contacting us directly as we can't monitor this thread 24/7. So get in touch via email or our helpdesk for those please, then your enquiry can be directed to the right member of our team.

Anyway... here we are! And here's a pic of probably the smallest diorama I've ever built to showcase our LX470-OO Pavement Signs, LX217-OO Laser Cut Pavement & RX014-OO Weathered Road Markings.

Keep on shuntin'!

Justin & The Team

IMG_0361.JPG

• Like 9

Hello Justin & Team

Love the range of your products, and here is a photo of a half relief shop I purchased from you recently.  Lovely little kit.  I added a chimney, down pipe, a bit of interior detail, and used Redutex for the walls (which I weathered).  The weathered roofing strips which came with the kit are superb. 

Keep up the good work  

20220427_180955.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Downer said:

I’ve also used a lot of your 4mm kits and been well pleased with the results. One request - guttering!

I don't suppose it's the done thing to mention another manufacturers product?

Also, what is the main purpose of this thread, as by Justins own admission, it won't be (quite understandably) monitored 24/7, is it primarily for pictures of products in use?

Mike.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Also, what is the main purpose of this thread, as by Justins own admission, it won't be (quite understandably) monitored 24/7, is it primarily for pictures of products in use?

I think Justin and the team’s intention is this:

On 18/05/2022 at 11:01, ScaleModelScenery said:

Feel free to post pics of whatever kits of ours your working on in here, discuss our products, give us feedback etc.

• RMweb Gold

N-Scale.

Barn (deliberately made to look a bit dilapidated because it's supposed to pre-date the railway), phone mast, palisade fence and containers.

image.png.1f6cc189d81eafca04c625fcb0b64f94.png

I thought I had a better shot of the palisade fencing with some bushes but can't find it which is annoying. That layout no longer exists. The yard does however and will be making a comeback :)

Edited by AndrueC
  • Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

On 20/05/2022 at 06:37, Enterprisingwestern said:

I don't suppose it's the done thing to mention another manufacturers product?

Mike.

Alan at Modelu does amazing guttering and downpipes, hence why I’ve not gone down that route. Not to say we won’t do some at some point. 

the purpose of this thread / area is to share pics of what you’ve used our products for, give feedback, and for us to post updates on new releases, stuff in development. That kind of thing really 👍

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Any thoughts on an “OO Gauge - What do you need?” thread. I know I have suggested some ideas before, but here others can give feedback on whether the need is really there or not. 

Roy (who is off to paint more of your station fencing today)

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Justin,

Glad to see you have this area. 

I have never used your products before, but I am thinking of using your laser cut bricks to line a turntable well - the 50ft turntable from London Road models.  The turntable at the KWVR is the effect I am looking for: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Df-061AWsAEeO4K?format=jpg&name=medium

Are you aware of anyone doing something similar and how it worked out?

Steve

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...