Sound Files.

Paul_C

Opinions please on sound decoders for the 414 Class 2 HAP units (Bachmann 31-390).  What are the best sounds for these units? I know that opinions are going to vary but I'm curious to learn of people's thoughts. I've so far considered Digitrains and Legomanbiffo

Paul_C. 

Most of the Southern Region EMU sound files I have heard have been very disappointing. 

Nobody seems to be able to get the motor sounds correct.

It will be interesting to see what the sound fitted Bachmann MLV will be like.

• Agree 1

I think the best electric sound I have heard so far has been this one from Underground Eric (obtained through Roads & Rails), for LT's ex-Metropolitan Bo-Bo electric locomotives. It isn't quite right for the SR electrics, but it shows that it can be done properly with the traction motor sounds.

8 hours ago, SRman said:

I think the best electric sound I have heard so far has been this one from Underground Eric (obtained through Roads & Rails), for LT's ex-Metropolitan Bo-Bo electric locomotives. It isn't quite right for the SR electrics, but it shows that it can be done properly with the traction motor sounds.

Thanks, im tweaking it currently as im not happy with it.

the 1938 stock ive done is way more refined.

southern EMU sounds like fun…. Its something ive thought about… 

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Erixtar1992 said:

Thanks, im tweaking it currently as im not happy with it.

the 1938 stock ive done is way more refined.

southern EMU sounds like fun…. Its something ive thought about… 

I knew when I ordered it that you were still refining it and working on it, but I am very happy with it. Possibly the contactor sounds are a bit loud, but they should be able to be tweaked with a CV change for that sound slot - I just haven't tried yet.

If you could do something like this for the SR and BR(S) electric units, I'd be taking quite a few to add to my units. All in good time, though.   🙂

Edited by SRman

1 hour ago, SRman said:

I knew when I ordered it that you were still refining it and working on it, but I am very happy with it. Possibly the contactor sounds are a bit loud, but they should be able to be tweaked with a CV change for that sound slot - I just haven't tried yet.

If you could do something like this for the SR and BR(S) electric units, I'd be taking quite a few to add to my units. All in good time, though.   🙂

Yeah i agree with you there, thats one of the bits i need to change, was my first go at a file so its a bit all over the place really volume wise, and as you can see in the vid at one stage, its possible to get the loco stuck with the motor sound playing while stood still if you mess with the throttle a certain way, another thing ive sorted now 🙂

I will have a think mate, its getting the recordings thats tough, but it would be cool to do for sure

• Friendly/supportive 1