RAILEX BUXTON 2/3 July 2022

Long Line

Railway modelling returns to Buxton after a long absence, with our new show in the rebuilt 'Octagon' of the Pavilion Gardens. This unique 27 acre venue will we hope make for a great backdrop to our model railway exhibition, amidst the Derbyshire Spa town of Buxton and its wide range of visitor facilities.

We'll  annually have at least 20 quality layouts in as good a mix of scales and gauges as we can muster, supported by 20+ traders and an array of societies and individuals demonstrating the endless possibilities this great hobby suggests.

Buxton is well served by public transport and accomodation to allow you an enjoyable day or weekend visit.

For more information please see our website at:   railexbuxton.co.uk

1_2560x1440.jpg

Pavilion-Gardens---Buxton-_L6_-_2_-LARGE-2-WEB.jpg

Edited by Long Line
Improved description
  • Like 6

Absolutely superb venue this and I'm very much looking forward to exhibiting there with my demo stand.

Come and say hello if you're coming along - looks like a very good selection of layouts and traders attending.

cheers

Andy

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

It not being long til we kick off now, i thought i'd post the final contents lists.

LAYOUTS

Gottingen SUD. Z/N Scale Continental.

Sakura Cherry Blossom. 150 / N Scale

Burnham-on-sea. 2mm finescale Somerset & Dorset

Ludlow. N Gauge BR Western Region 1960s

Stamford East. N Gauge Br Eastern region 1950-60s

Bodmin. N Gauge GWR 1930s

Fall Mill – Ashover light railway 4mm / OO9

Masons Wharf 4mm/OO9 Estate railway quay

Glenties. 4mm/OOn3 County Donegall narrow gauge

Kennington Cross 4mm / OO London Trams

29th Street Wharf. 3.5mm/HO Gauge West Coast USA

Windiest Industriegebiet. 3.5mm/HO Gauge 1960 German State Railway

Hornby 3 Rail. 4mm/OO Classic trains of yesteryear.

Bampton Devon. 4mm/EM Gauge 1950s western region.

J Tracey & Sons. OO BR

Horncastle. OO BR

Weaver Hill. 4mm / OO West Coast Mainline 1990s

Blakecaster. 7mm Narrow Gauge

Newfield. 7mm/ O Gauge Midland Railway

Bristol Goods. 7mm / Broad Gauge

CLUBS AND SOCIETIES

2mm Scale Association

N Gauge Society

Association of Large Scale Railway Modellers

Broad Gauge Society

European Railways Association

Gauge 1 Model Railway Association

LNER Society

London & North Western Railway Society

O Gauge Guild

Peak Rail

Wenslydale Railway

Wigan model railway exhibition

DEMONSTRATORS

David White – Slaters Plasticard latest products

148th Road vehicles

Andy Clayton.  4mm/EM Gauge modelling.

Brian Davies 4mm Wagon loads

David Wright/Dovedale Models Architectural and diorama modelling

Large Scale Coaching Stock Construction

Cromford Designs Painting & Lining demonstration

Ian Hallworth 7mm loco construction

Derek Mundy 7mm signalling and O Gauge Welsh Railways modelling

TRADESTANDS

A2b Model Railways

A Brooks Project LTD ( materials & tools)

Baz’s Model Railway

Booklaw

Brushes for Models

Crafty Hobbies

Crisinden Models

Culcheth Model Railways

High lane Models

Genesis Models

Grange & Hodder Baseboards

J S Models

LCut Creative

Made in Manchester Models

Malcs Models

MMR Model Kits

Mount Tabor models

Nick Tozer Books

Peak Rail – (Derby/Sheffield) Second hand sales

Powerbond Adhesives

Railstuff

SMTF

Cheers

Mark

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just a little bit of useful info for those driving to the exhibition this weekend.

There's loads and loads of free roadside parking, hidden a just a short walk from the venue. Situated in the back streets on the opposite side of the A53 St John's Road - ( which runs along the rear of the venue ) - is Park Road.

It's a long and wide circular type avenue, with loads of space and you can access it either from the Whaley Bridge Road or from St John's Road.

Once you've parked up, at the bottom end of Park Road ( Directly opposite Heathfield Gardens ), is what's now a short and cut off bit of Park Road, that doubles as a footpath.

If you walk down this little piece of terminated road, you will find yourself directly opposite the corner of the park entrance to the Pavillion, on St John's Road - so it's absolutely ideal, with no restrictions on time and won't cost you a penny in parking.

I always park there when I go to the toy fairs in the Pavilion Gardens and have never had any problems finding a space. It is literally just a few minutes walk from where you park up, to getting into the exhibition venue.

It's one of those hidden little gems, that's well worth sharing!

So I hope to see you all there, as I'm abusing more plastic for the weekend and demonstrating more EM Gauge modelling for our forthcoming 4mm Exhibition layout 'Glasgow Queen St'.

Come and sit down for a chat and find out how the layout and stock is progressing.

Cheers

Andy

• Thanks 1

Cheers Andy...yes saves those pennies to spend with the trade.. busy loading various vehicles today in readiness for a very early start Friday.

Looking forwards to that first pint in the Buxton brewery bar tomorrow teatime.

Is it morning...ughhh

finished a very long day late yesterday by cleaning the wheels on Bodmins clay trains.

Bringing Ray in his long years and Bodmin to Buxton was easy in talk as its great. But its taking a herculean effort by a host of guys to get them both there. But its gonna be worth it to see this n gauge masterpiece running under his own hand once more. To me as a fellow small scale modeller this alone is worth the visit and realistically, knowing the effort it's taking to achieve it.. it'll likely be its last outing so even more of a reason to go.

A safe journey to you all today

Cheers mark

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Set up day done and dusted..a lot of hard working folk are asleep dreaming of trains now lol.

Just the Saturday entries to settle in early in the morning but it's all coming together very nicely.

Cheers to you all..stalwarts everyone of you..

Mark

Edited by Long Line
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Long Line said:

Set up day done and dusted..a lot of hard working folk are asleep dreaming if trains now lol.

Just he Saturday entries to settle in early in the morning but it's all coming together very nicely.

Cheers to you all..stalwarts everyone of you..

Mark

Great venue, well organised setup and support by the team.

29th Street Wharf installed and looking forward to a really good show.

• Like 3

Just back after a reasonable day in good surroundings meeting old friends after a long break. We'll get used to Glenties, running it under exhibition conditions is different from test running. Anyway it's settling down, looking forward to Sunday.   Alastair.  

Weaver Hill gave it's usually performance, terrible to start and when the stock settled down it improved. 

The pendolino suffered and has failed so has been returned to the workbench this evening and should be in operation tomorrow. 

We are looking forward to another day playing trains tomorrow 

IMG-20220702-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20220702-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20220702-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20220702-WA0001.jpg

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Allegheny1600 said:

Big thanks to the organisers and helpers, my first exhibition for over two years was very enjoyable and it was great to see old and new friends again.

Nice to meet @BigAndy and @70000 Britannia too.

Cheers,

John 

"Welcome back" John - good to see you at the shows again.

Dave & Sue

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks from me too, for me as well it was the first exhibition I'd been to since Covid started, and I didn't even know about it until I caught a glimpse of this thread. Conveniently local for me too, and a great location. It's also made me want to start work on some plans I've been mulling over for a while...

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Dropped in to visit.  A nice show from a standing start. Good balanced trade support.  Seemed a lot of N gauge but that suited the venue.  Fitting big oblongs into octagons is challenging.

The natural daylight is an odd effect. It makes it harder to focus on the layout exclusively as opposed to something in a room.  Maybe I wasn’t paying attention but somehow £80 left my wallet..