If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

Wanted Comet Chassis kit.

RobMG

I have a Hornby Dean goods I am detailing .  If anyone has a comet chassis, and Sharman or Gibson wheels, I would like to buy them.

Here's hoping.

Cheers  Rob  

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I know it's out of stock. I should have mentioned this was the reason I was asking to see if anyone had a kit they 

didn't need.   

Goodness knows how long it will be before one is available from Wizard. if ever again..  

I will probably shell out for a High Level kit in the end.   If at some time I can afford one. 

In the meantime I will carry on detailing the rest of the loco.  

cheers  Rob  

• RMweb Gold
On 19/05/2022 at 14:18, RobMG said:

I will probably shell out for a High Level kit in the end.   If at some time I can afford one. 

In the meantime I will carry on detailing the rest of the loco.  

cheers  Rob  

Chris's High level chassis kit is more expensive but does come with a gearbox and builds into a far more detailed chassis than the Comet one. If you've not built a High Level chassis or kit they come with excellent instructions which should be followed to the book. One very happy customer here. You could always get machined frames from Colin at Alan Gibsons if you need to order wheels too as an alternative.

Hi Dave, 

Yes I am likely to go for the High Level kit.  I didn't realise it comes with a gearbox. That is handy.

I haven't built a High Level kit. only Comet or scratch. Oh and in prehistoric times K's. they were pretty basic to say the least.  I will look forward to the HL.

I will undoubtedly use Alan Gibsons.   

I sorta hoped someone might have some Sharmans.  I used them a few times in the past and they seemed rather good 

to me.  I did manage to find a set for a 14XX  a year or so back.

Cheers Rob

Some Sharman wheels are still available on the Phoenix website, but not all - I think they are just selling up old stock. I agree, they were excellent.

Edit - just checked and they do still appear to be available, albeit only in 00/EM profile. At least assuming you need what I think, which is 5'2" 16 spoke, pin in line, 24" throw (Happy to be corrected there).

Edited by Barclay