Ks Keyser kits

• RMweb Premium

Anyone looking for the old Ks kits of pre-grouping locos (milestone?) might find interest at 

https://www.pierredominique.com/p471-nos-produits.html?categorie[0]=19&marque[0]=199&prix_vente_ttc[0]=|&promos=1&p=3

There are 3 types available - Buddicom, Falcon and Metropolitan.  They seem to have been re-branded as Jouef but are clearly the Ks original kits.  Not sure if the price is competitive since when I have looked they seem to come up rarely on that well known auction site.  Currently on offer at €152, 134 and 134 respectively

Pierre Dominique is a firm I have bought from before and are reliable.

• Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Premium

Until last night I was completely unaware that Jouef had marketed these UK kits.  In fact I am not sure I was aware of the tie up with the continental kits either since the only ones I have seen were only branded Keyser.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/05/2022 at 10:15, wainwright1 said:

The Metropolitan kit was later marketed by IKB Models, which I think was tied up with ABS.

Not sure about the others.

All the best

Ray

I believe all the K's loco kits passed into the hands of Kay Butler who owned IKB. The LNWR 2-2-2 Lady of the Lake/Problem kit definitely did become part oif the IKB collection.

However I don't believe many went into production. The LOL/Problem definitely didn't.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/05/2022 at 10:15, wainwright1 said:

The Metropolitan kit was later marketed by IKB Models, which I think was tied up with ABS.

Not sure about the others.

All the best

Ray

IKB Models was affiliated to the Broad Gauge Society who I think now own them. But that might just be the GWR items.

Only a few kits reappeared including the Rover which got many replacement parts in lost wax and etched brass.

http://www.broadgauge.org.uk/modelling/bgs_parts_prices_4mm.html

They also made a run of Lion, but they were always OOS when I enquired about ten years ago. Maybe they were trying to attract those interested in Titfield Thunderbolt's GWR connection.

Jason

• Informative/Useful 1