FINE FILLER

Hi All, Can anyone recommend me some fine filler please, I am fitting some white metal window frames in a alloy coach body, ( gauge 1 ) so it is big, These are very awkward to glue in And there will be a small mismatch when finished so i want to fill this,  ideally i want a real fine filler in a tube so that i can squeeze in on accurately then rub it smooth, I did have some in a tube , i think it was called green putty, and it was really good, But that is no longer available. I have looked online and there are lots to choose from hence my question,. 

Thanks

Garry

AK Interactive - more stocked by the wargaming/armour modelling types.

https://ak-interactive.com/product-category/auxiliary-products/?pa_prod=putty

42 minutes ago, mswjr said:

i think it was called green putty, and it was really good

Squadron went out of business a last year after a slow decline, thus the end of Squadron Green and White fillers.

Edited by 41516
  • Informative/Useful 3

Thankyou both for the replies, Sad to hear that the green putty is no longer available, it was good, The other good one that i have used in the past was cellulose putty in a little tube for filling small scratches , it was great , I cannot find that anymore now so that must be no longer available, Let us hope someone else on here knows of some good stuff.

• RMweb Gold

I would check out car body fillers. You can get them for filling metal and as your doing a larger scale model they would probably be more cost effective than those sold for wargaming ?

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

I've had success with Cataloy knifing putty available from Halfords. Easy to apply and goes off pretty quickly and as it's designed for car body repairs can be sanded etc.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1
  • Agree 1