Warley National Exhibition 26th & 27th November 2022

Chris M

I'm not the organiser but am posting here as nobody else has. I can say that the Warley National at the NEC show is on. The planning is all done and layouts and trade stands all arranged. As you would expect from this show there will be over 80 layouts and over 130 trade exhibitors.  As usual there will be a real full size loco in the hall.

The exhibition will be at the NEC in hall 5 as usual. Advance tickets are available through the Ticket Factory - see https://www.theticketfactory.com/tickets/events/warley-national-model-railway/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Advance tickets are £18 for one day or £33 for two days. Junior tickets (5-16 accompanied by an adult) are £1 for one day or £2 for two days.

So long as the layout owner remembers to take them, advance tickets for the Warley show will be on sale at the Dawlish Warren layout at the Exe model railway exhibition on 25th & 26th June. This looks like it will be a good exhibition with over 30 layouts and 10 trade stands. Peco will be there with a stand. If you want to buy Warley tickets at this show please ask the operator of Dawlish Warren . It will be cash only as the operator hasn't got a card machine. 

Edited by Chris M
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

We are all set up at the Stafford show this weekend.  This is a large show with some great layouts so well worth a visit. There will be a Warley stand at Stafford and it will be manned some of the time if you want to ask questions. Advance tickets for the Warley show will be on sale from stand 8 - Dawlish Warren; the club Warley stand will not be selling tickets. When tested yesterday the card reader was working so we should be able to accept cash or card for payment.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/06/2022 at 08:22, Chris M said:

Advance tickets are £18 for one day or £33 for two days. Junior tickets (5-16 accompanied by an adult) are £1 for one day or £2 for two days.

So long as the layout owner remembers to take them, advance tickets for the Warley show will be on sale at the Dawlish Warren layout at the Exe model railway exhibition on 25th & 26th June. This looks like it will be a good exhibition with over 30 layouts and 10 trade stands. Peco will be there with a stand. If you want to buy Warley tickets at this show please ask the operator of Dawlish Warren . It will be cash only as the operator hasn't got a card machine. 

a point to note advance tickets from the ticket factory will cost an extra £2 per transaction as an admin fee is applied.

10 hours ago, Andymsa said:

a point to note advance tickets from the ticket factory will cost an extra £2 per transaction as an admin fee is applied.

If you had been to one of the shows Dawlish Warren has been at this year and bought them there then you would not have had to pay an admin fee. Too late now, as of this evening Dawlish Warren has retired from being exhibited.

1 hour ago, Chris M said:

If you had been to one of the shows Dawlish Warren has been at this year and bought them there then you would not have had to pay an admin fee. Too late now, as of this evening Dawlish Warren has retired from being exhibited.

Very true, but I had decided not to attend in any case for many reasons. One of which is possible train strikes and having to park at the NEC and pay those fees. Something I discovered last time I parked there is what show your attending have different charges for parking 😉

Edited by Andymsa

On 23/10/2022 at 21:08, Andymsa said:

Very true, but I had decided not to attend in any case for many reasons. One of which is possible train strikes and having to park at the NEC and pay those fees. Something I discovered last time I parked there is what show your attending have different charges for parking 😉

The parking charge is horrendous.  However, driving and parking for two people is about £35 from Swindon - it's £104.40 on the train, with two changes.  So we'll probably drive.

9 hours ago, rogerzilla said:

The parking charge is horrendous.  However, driving and parking for two people is about £35 from Swindon - it's £104.40 on the train, with two changes.  So we'll probably drive.

I would park at a station a couple of stops away from international and get train rest of way, this is what I normally do. But do check for train strikes ect

Buying a car park ticket in advance is cheaper than on the day. The advance price for the NEC car park is £12.85. If you book a space at Birmingham International station car park the advance price is £9.00.  There are 123 free car parking spaces at Hampton in Arden station and the return fare to the NEC is £2.70 (or £4.10 if you want to go first class). Trains run at about 20 minute intervals and the journey takes 3 minutes. If you plan your leaving time right this could be quicker than catching a bus back to the car park. If you live in the West Midlands and have a bus pass you can travel on the train to the NEC entirely for free. So, there are plenty of options if you plan ahead.

The short walk from Birmingham International station to NEC Hall 5 is all indoors.

• Informative/Useful 1

Everything is slowly coming into place for our exhibition. Won’t be long now. 

At the last count there were around 90 layouts at the Warley NEC show on 26th & 27th November. There will also be around 150 trade exhibitors,19 demo stands providing useful advice, 58 modelling society stands, 12 preservation societies and 15 other displays. It is quite a big show and you will certainly need a whole day there. You can buy advance tickets from the ticket factory which will help you to avoid the queues and get you in just a little earlier. You can also buy advance tickets from the Warley clubrooms on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. Quite a few people have purchased 2 day tickets (£33 in advance) so they can spend the whole weekend there and be sure of seeing everything.

I recommend going on the Sunday when it is less busy.

• RMweb Gold

Is anybody else getting personal emails from the warley address - I've just sent this to the email address. I normally get ticket notifications about once a year...

I seem to be getting personal emails from list members about bereavements and email addresses - this is very poor data management - please remove me.

and received this reply - what the hell is going on???

Your mail to 'Warley-emailing-list' with the subject

Re: [Warley-emailing-list] Warley e-mailing list

Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.

The reason it is being held:

Post to moderated list

Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
notification of the moderator's decision.  If you would like to cancel
this posting, please visit the following URL:

Chris H

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 1

Perhaps going a bit off thread here are two photos . The first is from the Express & Star ( a local evening paper) from 1996. The photo was taken at the Warley NEC show that year. The second was taken in the last week. The two girls in the second photo are the daughters of the two girls in the first photo.

F67F7862-0447-4D6E-BBA8-115F839F587E.jpeg.478bb6301682e50f50ec63a03bd9badd.jpeg

B2F2688A-D3B4-4960-B58E-D001D3070590.jpeg.39fba24d41cc301fc240f3aaf521ab78.jpeg

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

@Chris M and both with a 158 in the photo.  Looking forward to this - my first - although the naughty ticket factory web-site refuses to let me buy any advanced tickets, "Ooops an unexpected error has occured".  Hmmmm...

Train strikes this weekend are off with the employers and unions entering a period of intense negotiation whilst reserving the right to strike again in the next 6 months.

This sounds like there probably won't be any more strikes in November at the very least and Warley will be a strike free weekend.

Come on Avanti - release the weekend booking for three weeks time....

• Informative/Useful 2

S0d it, gone Cross Country - probably regret it, but it's direct and I don't have to drive any further than the city centre of Manchester (or if it's fine I get a tram).

Travel booked, Warley ticket ordered, shin pads packed, rucksacks emptied, cycling hat shined and block of cheese quietly moulding - I am Warley ready!!😃

• Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1