Old Bags!

ianmacc

Nope not talking about grumpy females!

I have always been interested in historical model shop paraphernalia as social and folk history of our hobby. I encounter receipts bags etc in job lots and in fact gave away a few scarce ones to a fellow user on here.

Show us your old bags! No not Nora Batty….

I posted pics of some 1960s Beatties bags etc in another thread so my first offering is this one from north of the wall… 

4AEDCD61-7942-474E-AF01-F3AB4D26FD3A.jpeg

• Like 3

Beatties of Kilmarnock 1988….

One can only speculate what the 76p each procured in model railways back then.

Yes I know I’m replying to myself but I’m carrying out the forum equivalent of a hand in the sky on a stalled locomotive!

0E2FF1AA-9836-41A6-9773-7AC51AB38ECD.jpeg

Not a bag this time; in my defence we’ve already had a receipt, so here’s a gem from the bottom of the build box going back to 1970s Birmingham:

13EA68B7-D806-4111-9016-E4CEE8F48BFC.jpeg

Edited by 40152
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 23/06/2022 at 11:22, ianmacc said:

Nope not talking about grumpy females!

I have always been interested in historical model shop paraphernalia as social and folk history of our hobby. I encounter receipts bags etc in job lots and in fact gave away a few scarce ones to a fellow user on here.

Show us your old bags! No not Nora Batty….

I posted pics of some 1960s Beatties bags etc in another thread so my first offering is this one from north of the wall… 

4AEDCD61-7942-474E-AF01-F3AB4D26FD3A.jpeg

Hard to tell apart from  from their current bag but that one must be at least thirty years old if it has the Rose Street shop on it.

Nice to see a couple of contributors and any memorabilia goes for me really. Nice bits of history. Am I the only person that misses modelzone if only for the convenience of having one in most city centres?

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, ianmacc said:

Nice to see a couple of contributors and any memorabilia goes for me really. Nice bits of history. Am I the only person that misses modelzone if only for the convenience of having one in most city centres?

It wasn’t great, for sure, but up here in Aberdeenshire there was precious little else and even less so now. Certainly no model shops left in the city; from where I live it’s a 34 mile round trip for a pot of paint ☹️