The Class 89, By Accurascale With Rails of Sheffield

• RMweb Gold

Jolly good! I assume Rails will be in touch about expressions of interest or do we need to just order it separately?

Got the email and ordered! :) 

Edited by PaulRhB

4 minutes ago, HExpressD said:

Looks pretty good and I hope it can be pulled off. Quite a jump up in price from the Deltics although I suppose this is to be expected when you can only make 5 versions which is hardly AS' fault.

Exactly. And still the same price as a Hornby or Bachmann new release.

Something I'll almost certainly have but I am going to wait and see what happens with it going onto the mainline.

Also, I thought it was 2020 it got painted into Swallow? Wasn't it sat in primer for a while?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Hall sensor for flange squeal effect (on DCC Sound-fitted models only)

It'll be interesting to see how this works. Does this functionality require mounting magnets at the points we'd like flange squeal to occur? Or are the magnets mounted on the bogies with the sensor monitoring the movement in the bogie.

Is it likely to get triggered by magnets in other locos, uncouplers of even the pulse from a point motor?

Steven B.

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Br60066 said:

Has anyone been able to pre order for the £30 deposit? I'm only getting the option to pay the full balance now.

Yes I have, when you check out there’s a link a bit further down underneath the pay in instalments link

it creates/uses a partial.ly plan 

Edited by StuAllen
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT: We Release The Badger Into the Wild in OO!

Class_89_140.thumb.jpg.341b81ac8dfedc575266b4702507de88.jpg

Hi everyone,

Remember when we asked about doing the Class 89 alongside Rails of Sheffield a couple of years ago? Well, now we can formally confirm that it's going ahead!

What's more, you can order any one of its five different guises in DC/DCC Ready or DCC Sound form either via Rails of Sheffield or direct via Accurascale.

142.thumb.jpg.e51de548ce1d34c842ac5b344d11e6f1.jpg

This very special, one off locomotive deserves the highest specification, and this gets it with DCC raising and lowering pantograph, full light packages, a wealth of detail, heavy metal chassis, Accurathrash set up for sound fitted models, power bank capacitors and more!

CAD is now complete and it has entered the early stages of tooling. The first tooled sample is expected in time for the Warley show in November 2022, with decorated samples following in early 2023 and then delivery slated for Q3 2023.

1446600080_2022_06.14Accurascale89001InterCityExecutive.thumb.jpg.652b24557a5b7cc34a0a56ed1ccdb6f8.jpg

Orders can be secured via the Accurascale and Rails of Sheffield websites for just a £30 deposit, with prices for the DCC Ready version priced at £229.99, and the DCC sound ESU Loksound 5 fitted models £329.99, reflecting the limited nature of this very special release.

Read all about the development and history here: https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/news/accurascale-and-rails-of-sheffield-sett-to-it-by-releasing-class-89-badger-oo-locomotive-into-the-wild 

Pre-order all five livery variants (flexible terms available from Accurascale at no extra cost!) here: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/class-89 or via Rails of Sheffield: www.railsofsheffield.com 

Cheers!

Fran 

(We are aware that this breaks with our tradition of "announcing with tooling sample". As this is a one off locomotive both Rails and Accurascale feel it's important to gauge interest in a one-off locomotive and an update is long overdue!) 

I need this less than Deltics. But boy do I need it :D

image.png.a78f64db59679f3d289d5789405cd266.png

Oh, you have :D

• Like 4
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1