York Show 2023 (We still have some unclaimed lost property).

john new

• RMweb Gold

2023 Show - planning has commenced. (8 - 10 April 2023)

This is just a quick post to start the thread in readiness for further announcements. 

Although we are not yet in a position to release the full details the YMRS Board are able to confirm that planning for 2023 is actively proceeding and further details will be added to the website once they are confirmed.

Readers may be interested to read this thread regarding one of the anticipated layouts.

Edited by john new
  • Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

That’s encouraging news, as one of the fixed dates in the diary, I was gutted when it didn’t happen this year so really pleased to see plans are progressing.

I’m assuming 2020 tickets are valid?

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Opening times, as in previous years: Sat: 10.00 – 17.00  Sun: 10.00 – 17.00  Mon: 10.00 – 16.30.

Admission prices: (on the door)         

Adults: £13

Child: £2

Family: (2 Adults + up to 3 child) £ 25

Advance ticket prices are still TBC - they will not be available until November and a further announcement will follow prior to the Box Office opening. We can confirm though that existing tickets remain valid.

Edited by john new
Correcting the family price.
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 21/07/2022 at 14:50, john new said:

Opening times, as in previous years: Sat: 10.00 – 17.00  Sun: 10.00 – 17.00  Mon: 10.00 – 16.30.

Admission prices: (on the door)         

Adults: £13

Child: £2

Family: (2 Adults + up to 3 child) £ 28

Advance ticket prices are still TBC - they will not be available until November and a further announcement will follow prior to the Box Office opening. We can confirm though that existing tickets remain valid.

Just a small update to bump the thread. As posted in July planning is well under way; the options for Advance Tickets are the current work in progress behind the scenes with an announcement about the options for these not too far away now.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 12/10/2022 at 16:41, john new said:

.......  As posted in July planning is well under way; the options for Advance Tickets are the current work in progress behind the scenes with an announcement about the options for these not too far away now.

Prices and times including for Advance tickets now confirmed and announced. Please note, however, that although the process to be adopted for sales remains work in progress it is close to being finalised. Draft Layouts and Demonstrator lists will also be added in the next couple of days. Our Trader list remains WIP. #yorkshow2023

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Advance tickets will be sold via Ticketmaster Eventbrite* for the 2023 Show. Details of process coming shortly. We can confirm you will only pay the advertised price, any commission fees will be absorbed by us.

As web manager I have the initial draft layouts list too, update within next day or two.  

Updated - The first draft layouts list for 2023 is now live as is our provisional list of demonstrators. The societies page will be updated in due course when the list has been compiled.  #YorkShow2023

*With apologies for my error. 

Edited by john new
Correction and clarification added.
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

The Box Office via Eventbrite is now open. There is NO EXTRA fee as any/all handling charges are being absorbed by YMRS. You will pay the advertised advance prices.

They are listed on the Advance Tickets page - £11 ea (Adults 16 years and over), £2 ea Child/Junior (5-15 years) and a family of 2A + 3C= £23. Under 5s and Carers are free, but no other concessions.

On the door payments this time round will be able to be made by cash or cashless options.

Edited by john new
Typo corrected
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

For some of our visitors it may already be 2023, 4 hours to go here in Uk, and more still to those to our west.

All at YMRS hope 2023 brings you good modelling, joints that stick, paint and varnishes that dry as intended and stock that runs like a dream.

Happy new year one and all, see you at Easter!

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Partly a thread bump partly in answer to a few recent emails.

UPDATE

Advance tickets are via Eventbrite. No supplement YMRS are standing any extra fees.

Exhibitors and Traders etc., See our website. I am currently going through through the latest lists received from the Show Manager for doing any necessary updates, hopefully, during the coming week..

Bus - the commercial operator choses if the racecourse specials will run/not run based on their assessment of passenger loadings -v- costs and driver availability. We are making enquiries of their decision but it is not yet available to us - we do not charter the buses. Decision will be posted when known. Local service bus  past the Racecourse (Saturday only if still as per 2019) will be checked nearer the date and our how get to the show page updated when known. Plenty of buses go down Tadcaster Rd which partly shortens the walk from the station.

Car parking - There is a car boot sale scheduled therefore as in many previous years = Saturday on the Knavesmire. Sunday and Monday no car boot sale so in the Racecourse Coach park.

Edited by john new
Spelling.
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

The traders page now updated for the 2023 show.

Many regulars confirmed although, sadly a few long standing visiting traders have been removed; on the positive several new names have also been added.

For full list see https://yorkshow.org.uk/traders/

NB For the new traders, if you have a website please let me know so I can link your show listing to your site. I will be looking for your entry but if you can contact me it will be quicker.

Layouts, Demonstrators and Societies. My next task is to cross check the latest lists received from the Show Manager with the existing draft entries and update the pages as necessary.

See you all at Easter.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 12/02/2023 at 11:31, adrianmc said:

Hi John,

Do you have a pdf of this year's exhibition flyer that you could post?

No but can get one and post it.

Today's updates -

several changes to the Layouts page & also the Demonstrators page. Please note though several are merely floor plan revisions, therefore revised stand numbers. Listing current to this morning.

Traders list - checked to latest from Show Manager (No changes necessary)..

Edited by john new
Confirmation of traders list added.
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Email scam - We have been made aware of an email scam circulating that, ostensibly, offers to sell recipients an attendance list for the Show. Such a list is NOT compiled, and the YMRS Directors confirm that any attendee data that we do hold is not released to 3rd parties as we comply with data protection principles. As a further point this particular email illegally includes a copy of our registered trademark logo. Please forward any you receive to report@phishing.gov.uk

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

Bus link - interim update to the website Travel page today  - the good news is there will be a 197 service being run by York Pullman. Times etc., to be added to the website nearer the show date when that page is fully reviewed.

For those wanting to see a copy of the show flyer - see below. Note the QR code is a link to purchase Advance Tickets.

1573689733_YMRSA4QRFlyer(1)copy.jpg.a50944acbe82cf78b3aab9847b05e5ef.jpg

Edited by john new
Typos corrected
  • Like 1

@john new - good morning, John. I'm pretty sure that I know the answer already, but I have been asked this:-

Please confirm that a party of 2 adults, plus 1 adult in a wheelchair and their carer, only requires 3x prepaid tickets for entry.

Many thanks

Mark

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, MarkC said:

@john new - good morning, John. I'm pretty sure that I know the answer already, but I have been asked this:-

Please confirm that a party of 2 adults, plus 1 adult in a wheelchair and their carer, only requires 3x prepaid tickets for entry.

Many thanks

Mark

Yes. To be a 100% certain I suggest doing a screen grab of this screen on your phone. Shouldn't be a problem on the door but with that you will have proof of what you have been told.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, john new said:

Yes. To be a 100% certain I suggest doing a screen grab of this screen on your phone. Shouldn't be a problem on the door but with that you will have proof of what you have been told.

Hi John

Thank you kindly - that's very much appreciated.

Roll on Easter Monday 👍

Brgds

Mark

• Like 1

Fancy Stewarding at the York Show? 

We are looking for a small number of volunteer Stewards to assist us with the 2023 show.

In addition to free entry, you would have a subsistence allowance (free lunch!) and an opportunity to be part of one of the UK's friendliest model railway shows. 

So if you are within reasonable travelling distance please contact me asap!  

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Website will be tweaked later today as apparently some visitors think it is card payments only. We confirm that payment on the door this year can be cash or card.

Edited by john new
Update now made.

• RMweb Gold

Exhibitors: One layout withdrawal (Victoria) and one new trader (GLOFORCE) added.

Travel: Full overhaul of the travel pages including an update on the bus links. This includes times and fares for York Pullman's show service extra (route 197) and an update for the changes to the local service buses into/through the area. Sadly most of what little there was as a service bus option back in 2019 for the Saturday has now gone and Sunday & Monday are, as they were back then, non-existent without a long walk.

Advance ticket sales: A reminder that as these are now on-line via Eventbrite the closing date is Good Friday as the postage factor is no longer applicable. Any existing physical tickets you hold will be honoured for this year.

Other: Minor tweaks to other pages. My general pre-show read through of the website pages is work in progress this week so other tweaks may well occur. 

• Like 1