Aerosol spray can paints to model 4mm concrete as Plastikote suede is unavailable?

• RMweb Gold

Hi. I want to represent  a concrete floor surface in 4mm scale. The most recommended method seems to be to start with Plastikote suede, but this is unavailable in the UK. (after that add greys and creams) 

In the absence of Plastikote suede, what do think is the best alternative please?

The material is likely to be a closed cell acoustic foam, or varnished plywood.

Thanks

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Gilbert said:

I have thought about this, but decided to go with https://www.diy.com/departments/rust-oleum-natural-effects-limestone-matt-textured-effect-multi-surface-spray-paint-400ml/1715041_BQ.prd as I can go and buy it from B and Q or The Range. But I will use Army Painter and or TT Combat Paint colours to vary the shades. And hope for no paint reactions! Then weathering powders. So thank you for that.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Barclay said:

AK Interactive make a concrete ground texture paint which I have been looking at because I need to do some as well, but I can't speak for its efficacy.

Looking at videos of this, it's like a cross between paint and plaster or putty, and you can carve into it afterwards. It could be good for the kind of humped/curved concrete floors you can get between tracks in steam locomotive sheds