Salisbury & South Wilts Railway Society Exhibition 2023

SRfanJV

The weekend of the 20th & 21st May 2023 sees the return of the Salisbury & South Wilts Railway Society annual model railway exhibition. 

The show will be staged at the usual venue:

The Michael Herbert Hall, 

South Street,

Wilton, 

Salisbury

SP2 0JS 

The exhibition will be open from 10.30 to 16.30 on both days. 

Entrance is £5 for adults. The entrance for children will be announced in due course. 

There is a car park next to the venue and plenty of on street parking as well. 

Our website will be updated shortly with further details:

http://sandswrs.co.uk/exhibitions/salisbury-south-wilts-railway-society-exhibition-2023/

I will post the list of layouts booked to attend shortly. We look forward to seeing you in May. 

Edited by SRfanJV
Additional info
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

The current exhibits booked to be in attendance are as follows: 

Layouts 

1. Tucking Mill- 2mm finescale

2. East Quay - 009

3. Newton Heath Works - O/NG finescale

4. Great Bardfield - P4 Replaced by Woodlands - 00

5. Ashlands  - 00 gauge (debut show) - replaced by Redacre - 00

6. Pendleton - N gauge  - replaced by Wickhambreux Road - 009

7. Goathorn - 7mm finescale

8. Sodham Hall light railway - O gauge

9. Seven Ash - 00 gauge 

10. Compton Martin - 00 gauge

11. Shillingsford - 00 gauge replaced by Los Taminals - American N gauge

12. Beckenvick - HO gauge

13. A really useful railway - 00 gauge

Other Exhibits:

Garden Railway 

Audio visual display

Traders

Wheels of Southsea

Portsmouth Model Shop

Models U Drive

Totem Signs

SSWRS Sales stand

The society will also be running its catering bar serving a range of sandwiches, cakes, bacon and sausage baps and much more. 

Edited by SRfanJV
New information
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• SRfanJV changed the title to Salisbury & South Wilts Railway Society Exhibition 2023
  • 3 weeks later...

We are sorry to announce that Shillingsford a 00 layout that was due to attend our show has had to be withdrawn due to unfortunate circumstances.

However, this has now been replaced with a modular American N gauge layout Los Taminals. 

We look forward to seeing this and all of the other layouts and trade at our upcoming show in May. 

• 4 weeks later...

I am sorry to announce that my layout, Ashlands will no longer be appearing at this years show. Work has got in the way and I do not have time to make it exhibitable up to the standard that I would expect.

Hopefully it can be shown at our 2025 show. 

Another layout in its place will be announced shortly.  

Edited by SRfanJV

10 hours ago, Andy Vincent said:

The web site still seems to refer to last years exhibition. Hopefully it will get updated soon but in the meantime are the venue and opening hours the same this year?

Hi Andy, 

Yes, sadly we are having problems with our website at the moment where on word Press we can update it, but it won't go live onto our domain. We have a web designer looking into for us at the moment. Therefore, I hope all will be resolved soon. 

I can confirm that the venue and all associated details are the same this year as last. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are sorry to announce that due to ill health, Dave Mant will be unable to run his audio/visual display this year. 

The society are currently working on a replacement for this exhibit and we wish Dave all the best with his health. 

• 3 weeks later...

We are sorry to announce that Great Bardfield has had to be withdrawn from the show due to poor health of the owner. 

This has been replaced by Woodlands in 00, by Steve Fackrell. 

Edited by SRfanJV

• RMweb Gold

A very enjoyable weekend at the Salisbury show. Small, friendly, excellent in house catering (apple crumble and custard at lunchtime!) and only half an hour down the road. Many thanks to friends Will and Mike for helping out and all the members of the SSWRS for looking after us so well.

Tucking Mill seemed to be well received and the new locos all performed very well on their first proper outing though the Kirtley is really a Bath engine. The Adams Radial was a little nose heavy which caused it to slip a little on starting but there is plenty of room to add weight in the cab and bunker areas so balancing it won’t be a problem.

Jerry

IMG_0405.jpeg.ac8580840640c1b0799352a1f50c4ab5.jpegIMG_0406.jpeg.e1a4130f98d8919c00469e199fe43086.jpegIMG_0411.jpeg.16252721e0d7431578487a78a7dd815d.jpegIMG_0412.jpeg.c8e644123fa279e35fe6901265c4738e.jpegIMG_0414.jpeg.254ea0348950219b9209d020baac34e8.jpegIMG_0418.jpeg.f8a919b7af1b433aae0dac680239ca2a.jpeg

• Like 4