Where to get OO gauge mk1 gangways?

Hello, does anyone know where I can get two mk1 gangways - as in two seperate gangways to go on the ends of a class 128 DMU. I have just spent the last two hours searching all my usual places plus some I have never tried before but have come up blank.

Thanks,

Matt

Do you just want the standard Bachmann ones? I may be able to find some that i've taken off when fitting replacements to some mk1s.

Standard Bachmann ones would be great if you have a set. Would you like payment?

Thanks,

Matt

Standard Bachmann ones would be great if you have a set. Would you like payment?

Thanks,

Matt

I'd have to find them first but see below; they aren't really the correct type for you.

The gangways on a 128 are different to those on Mk1s. Try Charlie Petty at DCKits.

I've just checked some photos, you are correct they are standard suspended gangways as fitted to other DMU's rather than the sort used with buckeye couplings http://www.railcar.co.uk/pics/120-129/128/mc17.jpg.

Some Hornby retracted Stanier gangways would be a better bet for these.

Hi Matt,

I used MJT GWR gangways when I made my DC Kits model. They are available from the Dart Castings online catalogue. Because they are flexible, you can model the characteristic droop of the real thing.

Cheers for now, Ian

Guest jim s-w

Hi Matt

you can get mk1 and GWR scissors gangways from Masokits. I use the GWR ones on my DMU's

HTH

Jim

Hi Matt

you can get mk1 and GWR scissors gangways from Masokits. I use the GWR ones on my DMU's

HTH

Jim

These are a bit ott though if you don't need working ones and are just running the unit on its own. The MJT ones are just paper bellows and I suggested the Hornby Stanier ones as they are retracted correctly for a unit on its own though you'd have to make your own hangers to go with them.

Archived