Thameside Revival?

Tref67

Gentlefolk,

Is it possible to enter with something half built, halfway through? I'm looking at completing (yeah right!) the layout I started building for the 2007 challenge. The fact is, nothing really happened to it after the challenge - a little progress here and there, then... life kind of got in teh way, divorce, new lodgings - too small to put the whole thing up, that kind of thing, so it has been languishing. I'm hoping this might just be the inspiration I need to make some significant progress... if no-one has any objections?

The summary of it at teh end of the 2007 challenge is here:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=11118

And the original topic here:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6246

And, if there are no objections, I'll dust it off at the weekend and post details of it's current status, and look forward to joining in. Again!

Tref.

Check out the 2010 challenge rules. This part of rule 6 seems to be particularly relevant to your question

"Incomplete entries may also be judged at the end of the Challenge providing the member is still active on the forum.

Partially underway projects that fit within the rules are permissible providing the current progress is documented in this area."

I have enjoyed watching the development of the challenge layouts and as far as I am concerned there is always room for one more.

Good Luck

Martin

Thanks guys,

Well, progress? Er, none! Anyway, I thought I would re-acquaint myself with the joys of posting pictures on here...

post-834-127820069213_thumb.jpg

Hmmm... its a lot easier than the old RMWeb forum thingy it would seem! Anyway, This is Thameside as it has been for months if not years... the two boards face-to-face, and most of the structures boxed up. This is it loaded up into my practical hatch-back to travel to it's new home. I reckon I have room to spare in there for a traverser too!

And this...

post-834-127820089983_thumb.jpg

Is it's new home. Kind of lost in all that space. There is one slight problem... well, several actually... No power, no water, it is a lock-up garage in the middle of no-where! I also have an awful lot more junk to fit in there as well. It is also over twenty miles from my nearest home... so by the time I get there it is time for the next cup of tea, which means turning round and going back again!

Still, at least I will have room to set it up. And it is my space, so I can leave it set up too!

Hmm - sudden thought - can I run it from a car battery?? What will my Lenz compact think of that?

• 2 months later...

Progress? Zilch... All spare time has been taken up with an OU course that I haven't quite failed yet... however, courtesy of the "for sale" section of this good forum I now have a more useful control system... I'd consider that significant! Thanks Ian!

I'm not going to post a picture of a Lenz Set 100, but suffice to say there is one.

So... hoping I can get the OU out of the way and then a flurry of activity - completed in a month? Why not?

• 1 month later...

Now I'm not one to back down, or not face the music when I fail, but I will withdraw my entry.

I have actually made some progress in the last few days of October, and now suitably fired I hope to make some more - but that would not be in the spirit of the competition, and in my humble opinion, the contribution to the forum in terms of updates is as important as the final submission (That doesn't mean it is finished either!).

There is another factor... I feel the meagre contribution I could make might in some way detract from the fantastic efforts by those who have consitantly worked through the year. Hats off to you, it has certainly been an inspiration. Besides... I'll be proud to be associated with the quality of some of the other projects that have also been withdrawn! Next year...

Tref.

Archived