Image restoration from pre-May 2021 continues and may take an indefinite period of time.

Wagon repair works photos

Hi all,

i was wondering if anybody could point me in the direction of good precedents and photos of a small wagon repair works facility.

I am doing a small ( 4 x 1 micro)layout on this and would just like some images to work from. I am basing it BR Blue with and 08 and a 20.

Hi all,

i was wondering if anybody could point me in the direction of good precedents and photos of a small wagon repair works facility.

I am doing a small ( 4 x 1 micro)layout on this and would just like some images to work from. I am basing it BR Blue with and 08 and a 20.

Someone beat you to it with the very same question - see here

Cheers for that. i was looking at a loco shed at bristol barton hill which was turned into wagon repair shop in the 70s.

I have seen a pic on flickr and some on fotopic but thats it. Is anyone able to source more photos of this.

Its a four road shed with a bridge behind it.

If you can get hold of a copy of "Through Countryside and Coalfield" Mike Vincents book about the Bristol to Frome line (which I think was published by OPC but am not entirely sure) there are a great many photographs of the Marcroft Wagon Works at Radstock West in there which cover just about every aspect of small wagon works operation.

Archived