Graham Farish announces changes to programme

Andy Y

Well they are both DEMUs intended for long distance, high speed market so there is equivalence at that level, they are both railway models, equivalence check - simple as, end of, period etc.

Thank you for that helpful insight, I shall now consider the error of my ways rolleyes.gif

Come to think of it there is another equivalence in that both the 00 BP and N Voyager based models have been announced by two manufactures at the same time, odd that.

Get thee hence under your bridge...

The only linking factor between the cancellation of the 222 and the Blue Pullman is that the announcements were made on the same day. But perhaps I'm not looking hard enough to create find conspiracies...

Also worth bearing in mind that I'm not aware of Bachmann saying the 222 has been cancelled because of the Blue Pullman. As far as I know, the two decisions are utterly unconnected. If they should or shouldn't have decided to produce the BP in OO is a seperate argument/thread to the withdrawal of the 222 production in N gauge.

I think I raised the coincidence of the 222 and BP announcements as a pointer towards Bachmann's relative attitude to different product types, not to suggest that any direct link.

Incidentally the Farish website, updated a couple of days ago, still has the 222 with an autumn delivery date!

Also worth bearing in mind that I'm not aware of Bachmann saying the 222 has been cancelled because of the Blue Pullman. As far as I know, the two decisions are utterly unconnected. If they should or shouldn't have decided to produce the BP in OO is a seperate argument/thread to the withdrawal of the 222 production in N gauge.

And on that common sense note I'll close the topic off until there's anything else of value.

Archived