4-TC warning panels

Vanders

I'm getting ready to paint my 4-TC set and have decided on the original all over blue livery. Most pictures of the 4-TC sets in this livery show them with a small yellow warning panel between the connecting doors. I understand that no 4-TC ever ran with all over blue and FYE (although if anyone has information to the contrary, I'm all ears!), however did any of them run with half-height panels, similar to E.g. the 4-VEP?

I do have a picture of a 4-TC with a half-height panel but I have no idea if this was an original livery or a more modern addition, post-preservation.

• RMweb Gold

The semg website states the following:

"When first introduced the TCs appeared in overall rail blue livery with small yellow warning panels and small aluminium BR arrows affixed below their side cab windows. The yellow warning panels were subsequently enlarged to cover the whole cab front. They were repainted during the early 1970s into Blue and Grey, losing their aluminium arrows in the process, the 1974 conversions emerging in blue and grey livery from new. The TCs survived in service long enough to receive Network SouthEast livery."

The semg website states the following:

"When first introduced the TCs appeared in overall rail blue livery with small yellow warning panels and small aluminium BR arrows affixed below their side cab windows. The yellow warning panels were subsequently enlarged to cover the whole cab front."

I knew I should have spent more time reading the text instead of looking at the pictures! Many thanks Graham.

Archived