2010 Challenge Presentation & Judging Rules

Stubby47

So. I'm not sure how this works, do we have to post something tomorrow to show that its finished and then do the summary over the next couple of weeks? If not then how do we judge a layout as done by tomorrows deadline, as we could in theory then add to the layout for a further 2 weeks.

This question didn't seem cleared up to me when asked earlier.

Cheers

Cav

I believe in the good of man, and also in the abilty and willingness of my fellow competitors not to cheat ;). I have laid down my tools until I can make the final photo´s and video of it.

Then I can continue the never ending detailing......:)

Speaking for myself - I will be making a judgement based on the documented progress on the threads so far. That will show progress from start to this point (or last point) in time. If things appeared one way on the last post and all of a sudden goes to another state in the next couple of weeks - I would be just a we bit suspicious.

I certainly will not be judging based on video content - I don't recall a video camera being in the entry criteria, besides I don't get video feeds. It is not all about quality photographs either, though it helps if they are at least in focus.

I never suggested anyone would cheat, you only cheat yourself anyway. A just wasn't sure of the rules thats all. My tools are also down until I do my summary then I will do all the stuff I didn't have time to do before!! in the meantime I've got a backlog of commissions to do now to keep me busy. Never ending modelling, what a small world we live in!! :D

Thanks Andy ( & Cav for bringing it up) - I had been wondering about this too.

I've taken the "Works Photos" already. I found that my layout looks much better in sunlight and would definitely recommend this to the other entrants (if possible). I've also started to prepare some text offline too - this could take some time - I've used MS Word but any other text editor is OK for subsequent cut-n-paste.

Nice try! Not that you three need the help - so much good stuff in those posts already.

Thanks for the reminder Andy, I probably have enough pix already, so I'll try and get something written up tomorrow night if overtime doesn't get in the way.

Will

What happened to the voting?

I'm currently struggling with some of the formatting and answer collation within the voting software (which had to be re-installed at the weekend). I hope to have the voting running by this weekend.

• RMweb Premium

Something I noticed today is that, doing some rough numbers, there's about 150 threads in the Challenge forum and only 15 entries - that means a whopping 90% of initial entries never made the deadline :O

Speaking only for myself, I must point to my thread's title/subtitle; "Fen Hilton sidings; an overambitious challenge entry". In general, the only things I like to predict are my own failures!

Still pushing on....

George

• RMweb Premium

Something I noticed today is that, doing some rough numbers, there's about 150 threads in the Challenge forum and only 15 entries - that means a whopping 90% of initial entries never made the deadline :O

I would have thought 10% through to the summary stage is pretty good myself. There's a heck of a lot of work involved and real life gets in the way for most folks to some extent or other. In addition most of us are wildly optimistic as to what we can achieve when we start out on one of these ventures and plans have to change.

Cheers

Dave

I'm glad I stayed the course even though the layout wasn't really finished for the end of the challenge - it was a huge thrill (and stress!) in getting it as far as possible for the deadline :)

Will

What he said. This was exactly my experience of the Challenge too.

Towards the end there were a lot of late nights worked and I had to drop a lot of the jobs I thought I'd have time for, but I'm very glad I pushed on.

Something I noticed today is that, doing some rough numbers, there's about 150 threads in the Challenge forum and only 15 entries - that means a whopping 90% of initial entries never made the deadline

BTW, I noticed that this is a real international competition as well.:D

As far as could be seen, there is:

• One New Zeelander
  • One Norwegian
  • One Swede (me)
  • And ten from Great Britain.

Possibly is there someone in there that is from some other place than GB, but as it doesn´t show on the info. ;)

The voting is now up and running after a tussle with the software.

The RMweb 2010 Layout Challenge has produced some entries of exceptional quality and interest. The results of the Challenge are down to you as the readers. We would like you to take some time and mark each of the 13 layouts in turn on the criteria given. The results will then be collated at the end of voting on 31 December 2010* to determine the winner.

C_Challenge.jpg

Click here to vote

* Amended closing date due to late start in voting. Plus it gives something interesting to do on New Years' Day. laugh.gif

• RMweb Premium

I have just completed voting and there are some lovely layouts to be voted on.

Andy, at the end of the voting form would it be possible to put a return link to the forum to make it easier for people to return?

Andy, at the end of the voting form would it be possible to put a return link to the forum to make it easier for people to return?

Good point Kris as the voting replaces the leaving page. Duly sorted.

Archived