2010 Challenge Presentation & Judging Rules

Stubby47

Oh dear !

that didn't work very well.

Sorry Andy - but if you step through to the end you are suddenly dumped out of the survey at the thank you page even though you may not have voted.

I thought that I could save what I had voted on and return to the ones that I hadn't - just to have a closer review of the summary threads. So I stepped through "Next" those and voted on the one's I was familiar with. When you step off the last page you don't seem to be able to go back and check the results or vote on the ones passed over.

:( :(

That also happens at the ballot box if you put an empty slip in. ;)

Sure, but every page gives you the option to pocket the slip and return a few hours later with a few more 'X's added, until the last page where someone snatches the slip from you without warning and shreds it before dropping it in the box :(

I've tried to get back in - but that can only be done by dropping certain cookies - but then you seem to loose track of the ones you did carefully vote on.

I have to say there's been a terrific response to the early voting with around 150 people having voted already. Thank you!

It's also interesting to note that no single layout dominates all three voting elements at the moment and that each entry has a specific strength emerging.

Sorry Al, just been for a look at this to find the problem/solution and it seems to have caught itself in a spiral of doom.

Security questions would have been necessary if I'd set up groups or users eligible to take the survey; I didn't as I wanted it to be accessible from the link rather than having to issue individual tokens. In that setting it shouldn't be asking for answers to a security question (but it is) and I can't access the area to change those settings once the survey's started. angry.gif

For anyone having problems I can send a pdf which lists the questions and I can manually add them on return.

• RMweb Gold

As a 2010 Challenge dropout, thought I'd just say that voting was not easy in intellectual terms, but simple enough in actually clicking the buttons. I'm also pleased to say that despite a very wide variety of scales and approaches among the entries, none made me think I'd have made much impact by comparison if I'd finished an entry myself!

The one question that I thought might have been added would have referred to the "5" issue - compliance or otherwise. Some people seemed to have cleverly maxxed out their efforts on this, others less so.

A great success in my view, with some superb modelling. New Year & the result has indeed an added lustre to relish!

The one question that I thought might have been added would have referred to the "5" issue - compliance or otherwise. Some people seemed to have cleverly maxxed out their efforts on this, others less so.

I'd decided that giving the '5' component as much weighting as the three main criteria would have been unfair so I'm planning something separate and personal on that score. ;)

For anyone having problems I can send a pdf which lists the questions and I can manually add them on return.

Yes please.

I tried to get in again today and now the buttons don't appear to work correctly - both "Previous" and "Resume later" just takes me forward to the "Next", I can't retrieve what I thought I saved last night and get this feeling I'm being disenfranchised.

I only hope it is not recording the vote on each page or there will be an awful lot of "No answers"

pdf version sent.

Nobody's being disenfranchised at all and the manual fallback has already been instituted. I can't understand why 'Previous' would take you forward though.

I can screen the data in different ways, completed and incomplete surveys, screen out No Answers where applicable etc. I'd quoted a figure of number of votes up to last night but it's surprising to see how many people just flick through for a look for a few seconds; don't bother to vote and just disappear at the end (not even halfway through).

Andy - I think that a lot of people do as I did - pop in for a quick view to see what is involved and think "Okay, I'll come in and vote when I have a bit more time" I did come back later yesterday evening, and had no problem with the voting, just with trying to decide what vote to apply to which layout - that is the difficult bit :D A lot of very good entries

Thanks for the pdf Andy.

it's surprising to see how many people just flick through for a look for a few seconds; don't bother to vote and just disappear at the end (not even halfway through).

Perhaps they are also having problems with the underlying software ?

I was a bit surprised that I didn't even have to log in - I wonder if the bots can also step through the pages.

I wonder if the bots can also step through the pages.

Possibly but I wouldn't think there's been 89 of them in less than a day. I think it's an underlying attitude to 'net browsing without interaction that's the main part of the problem' I'm not saying some people haven't had a problem though.

Ta Andy, I suspected something like that was occurring! :)

Andy - I think that a lot of people do as I did - pop in for a quick view to see what is involved and think "Okay, I'll come in and vote when I have a bit more time" ...

Exactly, did the same myself. I'll have another go later on.

I've no problem in participants voting; I'm sure most will be as evenly balanced as most of the other votes appreciating the time that everyone has put into it. With over 500 responses so far it's unlikely that any 'biased' voting would have much of an impact overall.

• 1 month later...

Archived