Lima O gauge

Another question from a non webby fellow modeller- he has the old Lima Class 33 and wants to build some track using Peco Code 124 and chairs, but is concerned in case the wheel flanges will bump along the top of the chairs. He also is wondering about a mimimum radius that the diesel, and Lima coaches will traverse, as he has a maximum width of eight ft. to play with. This is not going to be a scale type operation, more a train set style to run around a loft, but as neither himself or me have ever worked with 7mm before any advice re.this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

Hi Richard,

I build my own 7mm track and I use code 125 bullhead rail, which is fine as I run finescale wheels. I cannot be sure but I would think the flanges should be OK, but he will probably need to open out the gap at the check rails on the turnouts, and possibly the wing rails as well. As for the minimum radius that should be fine as your only running with bogies and nothing with a long wheel base, although I would use all the space provided in case he may want to increase his stock in the future. Welcome to the world of O gauge it's a slippery slope from now on, so enjoy the ride B).

ATB, Martyn.

Archived