Advertising sign / poster archive

PhilH

• RMweb Gold

There is a very interesting site here which I haven't seen on RMW before . If you click on the categories to the left it brings up images of advertising used in signs and posters through the ages. These can be saved by right clicking and can then be resized in your favourite photo editing program.

I haven't actually printed any out but see no reason why this wouldn't be possible. The site makes no mention that I can see about copyright, so I don't think that there would be a problem regarding using the images in this way.

• RMweb Premium

I've popped this site up once or twice on different threads, but it deserves one of it's own as it is a very helpful site. The images do print out (for personal use only) but don't expect to get a good quality large print out of them.

Well, I saved one & it must have been coincidence that when I went to print it out, my printer decided to spit the dummy & not print things at all. Nothing. Not even my spreadshets that I had just done earlier.

Tried to reload drivers to no avail so I used a system restore, went back one day & all was OK with other printings until I went to print the saved Ad again & once more things died so I deleted the JPG file, cleaned all temp files out, rebooted, printed another JPG OK but then the keyboard refused to do things. Unplugged it, back in & now it works!

Sheesh - never had these problems with my pen & ink & ruled paper!!!

Archived