Dyserth Road OO UK 2000 DCC 2000’s TMD

Fallgate OO9 UK 1930 DC 1930’ Ashover Light Railway

Ferrocarril Internacional On30 1950 DC Colonial narrow gauge

Grove Street Yard OO UK 1960 DC Inspired by parts of Trafford Park

Haslingden N UK 1960 DC 1960s North West secondary route station

Hollobeck Shed O UK 1990 DC 1962 North Eastern Steam Shed

North Hoyle OO UK 1960 DCC Small 1960’s branch terminus

Oakenhurst Central OO UK 2000 DC North West Mainline Station

Oldham King Street Parcels O UK 1970 DCC 1970’s North West Parcels Depot and Station

Pen-Y-Bont ONG UK 1930 DC 1930’s Welsh NG with Trams

Rederring OO UK 1960 DCC Fictional BR Terminal Station

Shay Toll Road OO UK 1990 DCC 1990’s TMD

Transition Ville d’Etropal ONG FR 2020 DC Future French Narrow Gauge

Untermuttem HOm CH 1980 DC 1980’s Swiss Narrow Gauge

On 30 US Layout On30 US 1950 DCC Brand new as yet unnamed On30 US layout

Seminars

Afternoon Seminars Retimed - Please see new post below for details

Saturday

1100-1200 Introduction to DCC Andy Forty (DCC Supplies)

1300-1400 DCC Q&A Andy Forty

1430-1530 DCC Sound- Building an ESU Diesel Project Tony Molyneux

Sunday

1300-1400 DCC Q&A Andy Forty

1430-1530 DCC Sound- Building a Zimo Steam Project Paul Chetter

Demonstations

Arnold Belfield Rasbottom Brow Group Plasticard based buildings

Derek Evans Rasbottom Brow Group Etched and white metal kits

Alan Mellor Rasbottom Brow Group Trackwork with PCB or ply sleeper/plastic chair technigues

Simon Moore Weathering

Traders

Cheltenham Model Centre

DCC Supplies

Durham Trains of Stanley

Footplate/Flangeways

GeoScenics

Railimage Collections

Shawplan

Todmorden Model Supplies

FREE BUS Service from ELR Rawtenstall Station to the School

Details on our website www.lydcc.org.uk

REFRESHMENTS

CAR PARKING

Other News:-

60163 Tornado is scheduled to be run on the ELR the weekend of our Exhibition

• RMweb Gold

Exhibition Update

Additional Traders:

Booklaw

Bufferbeam

Socities:-

Class 40 Preservation Society

East Lancashire Railway

Stainmore Railway Company

UK Train Sim

Free Bus Service

ELR will be operating a three train service on the Exhibition weekend so I have increased the journeys on the Free Bus Service, see the website for full details.

Direct Bus Service from Manchester and Burnley

Transdev's X43/X44 Witch Way service offer a direct link to Rawtenstall, Burnley Road/Hollin Lane (a short walk from the school) from Manchester, Prestwich, Burnley and Nelson. The Free Bus Service will stop at the X43 stops near Hollin Lane to save you a walk up the hill. The Free Bus Service operates approximately every 50 minutes to connect with the trains at the ELR Rawtenstall Station so check the timetable on the website for full details.

DCC Sound

As we are having DCC Sound seminars this year there will be members from DCC Sound UK demonstrating examples of their sound projects on both days but there will be a few more on Saturday as there will be a informal gathering of the group after the afternoon seminar, so there will be a chance to see a good selection of quality DCC sound projects.

Regards,

Peter

LYDCC Exhibition 2010

There will be plenty of people on hand to give you hints and tips. If your looking into DCC the seminars will be extremly helpfull to you and tell you all you need to know to get started in digital comand.

Chris W

• RMweb Gold

I'll be there piloting Dyserth Road "Under New Management" - or more probably, getting others to do it for me!

Looking forward to it, looks a good show.

Still needs a little work doing in the depot, not long to go, must crack on.

Come and say hello, we don't bite!

Cheers,

Daz

I am going to have to cancel my weathering demo because i am away over that weekend which i cant say i am pleased about because i was looking forward to doing a demo & helping people get to grips with weathering. Sorry guys i will certainly come next year also possibly a layout too.

Simon.

Shame to hear you wont be attending this year Simon,

Less than a week away now! and should be a good show,

Just to add a quick ADDITION to the attending layouts

Wick End A scottish terminus set in the far north, a 'would be' extention of the Wick - Thurso line featuring a host of IS 37's, 26's and the occasional class 20 set in the Era of the 1980's

Should be a good show folks, Any RMWEBBERs attending let your self be know to the L&Y gang we will be noicable with our branded tops on. Also we will be behind the layouts - Castell Road, Wick End and Reddering

See you all there fellas

Chris W

I'm looking forward to the show. I've dusted off a different set of locos and rolling stock to the Leigh exhibition and will be mostly hitting Hornby Austerities to get them to not stall on pointwork. If 'Grove street' runs as well as at Leigh, I shall be happy *touches wood*. I'm also going to bring a Mainline 03, because I would really like to see it side by side with a new Bachmann 03 to see just how much different they are.

The bachy 03's are extremly impressive! I sold my mainline ones months ago hoping the bachy ones would be up to scratch, needless to say I'm glad I did!

It'll be good to see your layout at the show! See you in less than a week, hope your prep goes ok

Chris w

• RMweb Gold

Exhibition update

Afternoon DCC Sound Seminars

As we are holding two different seminars in the afternoons anyone wishing to attend both will be able to gain admission on the Sunday for half price on presentation of a stamped ticket from Saturday.

Digitrains Sounds

The author of the Digitrains Sounds will be on 'Shay Toll Road' with samples of his projects.

If anyone from RM Web is coming along please say Hi, I will either be on Rederring or running around like a headless chicken sorting something out.

Peter

• RMweb Gold

REVISED SEMINAR TIMETABLE

The afternoon Sound Seminars have been brought forward to 1400 from 1430 to allow visitors to return on the last Tornado trip from Rawtenstall.

Sorry for any inconvenience but the trips being worked by Tornado were not known when the original Seminar timetable was drawn up.

Saturday

1300-1345 DCC Q&A Andy Forty & panel

1400-1500 DCC Sound - Building a Diesel Project for an ESU Loksound Decoder Tony Molyneux

Sunday

1100-1200 Introduction to DCC & Beyond Andy Forty (DCC Supplies)

1300-1345 DCC Q&A Andy Forty & panel

1400-1500 DCC Sound - Building a Steam Project for an Zimo Decoder Paul Chetter

Full exhibition details on our website

Peter

Incidently, if your inclination isn't towards the new 'Airfix Kit' Peppercorn Pacific, the other two locos in service at the ELR both days will be LMS Jubilee No.5690 'Leander', and Class 47 No.D1501/47402 - don't forget, Rawtenstall ELR station is regularly served by the FREE connecting bus service from the show venue :D

Dave

Some nice pictures there Benn, look forward to seeing it!

Unfortunately North Hoyle won't be attending following an unfortunate layout accident - but fans of 1960s steam and diesel are still catered for in N gauge, 00 and 0, as well as the wide variety of other layouts attending!

See you there....:D

Dave M

Some nice pictures there Benn, look forward to seeing it!

Unfortunately North Hoyle won't be attending following an unfortunate layout accident - but fans of 1960s steam and diesel are still catered for in N gauge, 00 and 0, as well as the wide variety of other layouts attending!

See you there....:D

Dave M

Cheers mate, I haven't updated that in a while, a lot has happened since then! I'll take some shots at the exhibition and stick 'em up.

See you there...!

Benn.

And everything was going so well....

My co-operator has just let me know that he may well be not able to make it. He normally works Saturdays managing a shop. All was well until he had three members of staff call in sick. He is going to try and draft in staff from other branches, but it looks at this stage like he may struggle. I only just had me car radiator repaired in time yesterday, so does bad luck come in threes? I prepare to phone the trailer hire people with trepidation.

This weekend I shall still be attending, though will be operating 'Grove Street Yard' on my own in all probability. Please be gentle to me! I discovered yesterday that it can be set up single handedly when I had no-one to help test everything was fine in my office. It's tricky, but it can be done. It will, however, limit my ability to go around and hoover up bargains off the trade or view other layouts. My bank balance heaves a sigh of relief.

All the stock is in Glenn's front room and he's headed off to pick up the van. Hopefully Alex will turn up in the next 2 hours otherwise we'll be a man down as well!

Hoping to be away for about 17:15 which gives us 3 hours to master the M6 on a Friday night - should just about be ok so we'll see you all soon.

Archived