Lancashire & Yorkshire DCC MRG 4th Annual Show

DavidM

Bishop's Bridge survived the van ride and is now set up for the first time outside my home, in the main hall!

Looking forward to running some trains this weekend, and hearing some feedback about what people think of the layout on it's debut outing. This is the first time I've ever exhibited anything that I've personally made, so any feedback or constructive criticism would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Benn.

Absolutely fantastic exhibition. All of the exhibitors, traders and demonstrators were just so helpful and seemed genuinely interested in chatting. I have been to several exhibitions now and although I cannot call myself a connoisseur of such events I can honestly say I have not enjoyed an exhibition so much and think the entire organisation was 'top notch'.

Great to see Aberdeen Kirkhill in the flesh, being an N gauger I particularly liked Bishops Bridge but I have to say Oldham King street parcels stole the show for me. The owner was fantastic and took a great deal of time to explain the ins-and-outs of the superb BR blue locos he had built.... just stunning.

To Derek Evans - thank you for being so inspirational and to all the organisers thank you for a very very enjoyable day out. :clapping_mini:

To those RMWebbers that didn't manage to make it - you missed out on a very good exhibition and I would certainly mark your diaries for next year.. if it runs that is (fingers crossed).

Cheers

Lee

I also made the trip up to the show from Cheshire and it was worth it just to sit in on one of the Q&A sessions with the experts.

The layouts were great and as was commented above the operators were good to talk to.

Look forward to next year

Col

Today was a good day. I spent a lot of time chatting with people coming through, and didn't have to prod my old Hornby Hunslet Austerity much at all - I can recomend printer head cleaning fluid greatly for cleaning up sticky pickups on locos. Operating a layout on my own was very tiring though! What scares me is the number of people who seem to know so much about me. It seems surreal to find myself being asked about University college Durham, because google-fu skills revealed I have a degree from there.

I've spent this evening cleaning the pickups on a Hornby L&Y pug using the same method as worked on the Hunslet. Maybe it will be the magic ingrediant tomorrow to finally get one of these irksome locos to run flawlessly over pointwork?

• RMweb Gold

Lee and Col, thanks for your kind comments about the show and glad you enjoyed it. I was running around sorting things various things out but was able to spend the occasional moments on 'Rederring'.

We were let down by a couple of traders including Footplate, who's van broke down apparently . Also the US On30 layout didn't appear which had been sold after the Leigh Exhibitiion but assured me they would still be attending our exhibition. So apologies to anyone wanted to see these but it was beyond our control, some of the joys of organising an exhibition I suppose.

Plans are in hand for next year's show and a number of layouts have already agreed to attend including Andy C's fantastic 'New Hey' (Even though it is DC!!! :lol:)

If anyone is visiting tomorrow please say 'Hi'.

Peter

Hi

I attended the show on Saturday, spending some money on a DCC system plus the Graham Farish Class 14 in weathered green. I found the show one of the most enjoyable that I've been too. Everybody seemed friendly spent some time talking with the lads on Bishop's Bridge the n gauge layout whom were interested in the loco I had bought and allowed me to see it run on their layout(Thanks Benn). I usually spend only a couple of hours at best at any show but ended up staying for all the day. Some of the layouts were very well presented and I enjoyed the Swiss layout (thinking I might try a build a Swiss layout).

Thanks to the LYDCC group for a good show.

Mark

I vsited the show today, and it was good to visit what i can only describe as a friendly exhibition. Some cracking layouts were on view and the operators had the time to impart their knowledge.

Well done Peter and the team i am sure if traders you invited declined then it is their misfortune.

One for the calendar.

Regards

Pete

A quick 10 minute trip over Edenfield road to Rawtenstall had its added bonus today, Tornado on the ELR. Unfortunately my camera battery went immediately after this shot. But there was the previous down working with the Brush 4

Spent more time gassing to people than looking but was seriously impressed with Bishops Bridge - Benn is someone who really knows how to produce an N guage layout - if only they were all to this standard with the fidelity of stock and exceptionaly well weathered. needless to say a summons to bring it to manchester was issued. I was suitably inspired by a good chat with Derek , and suitably insulted with one with Arnold :D .

Actually managed to watch Oldham King Street for the first time (despite being at manchester all weekend the other week). This is a seriously good layout.

post-6679-099932200 1288557075_thumb.jpg

post-6679-096867000 1288557094_thumb.jpg

Bishop's Bridge is now back home safe and sound after a fantastic and really enjoyable debut weekend out!

I'm really pleased with how everything went, especially with it being my first exhibition showing something that I've built myself. I've learnt a lot from the feedback I've already been given and have a small list of improvements to crack on with! I would also like to express my gratitude to Dave M and the other lads at LYDCC for inviting me to the show without even seeing the thing! It was a brilliant show and the awards won by the likes of Aberdeen Kirkhill et al were very much so deserved, a whole new level of modelling, hats off!

I'm looking forward to taking Bishop's B. out again in the future (Cheers Andy!) and if anyone has any comments/advice, or is interested in booking the layout for an exhibition etc then please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks again,

Benn.

I was suitably inspired by a good chat with Derek , and suitably insulted with one with Arnold :D .

Mr Nice and Mr Nasty ??

Joking aside a very enjoyable weekend, good mix of layouts and trade plenty of banter & laughs in the 'old codgers' room (M2)

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to everyone who attended, either as an Exhibitor, a Trader, a Demostrator or visitor and helped make the show a success.

Things are already in hand for next year, the DCC seminars were well received and will return next year and will cover more areas. We are also discussing having a DCC Demo room where a number of experts will be on hand to give help and advice.

We will be moving the show forward a week at the request of the school so the dates for next year will be Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd October 2011. I will keep you posted.

Peter

I came to the show on Sunday and again it is a very good show. just the parking was a bit of a problem, we went round the back and there was a small car park but most of it was blocked off!! With a motorcycle school? using it. could they not have used one of the other tennis courts and leave a full car park? If it gets any more popular parking will be a huge problem, Phil

• RMweb Gold
I came to the show on Sunday and again it is a very good show. just the parking was a bit of a problem, we went round the back and there was a small car park but most of it was blocked off!! With a motorcycle school? using it. could they not have used one of the other tennis courts and leave a full car park? If it gets any more popular parking will be a huge problem, Phil

Phil,

Sorry you had parking problems this year but all being well parking won't be a problem next year as the problems this year were down to the building of the New Sixth Form block which you will have seen at the front of the school, this has been built on the original car park but there will be replacement car park which was not yet ready this year. Also the Motorcycle event was booked before our exhibition something we hope to avoid next year.

Peter

Hi all,

As a member of the L&YDCC MRG expo team i would like to personally thank all the traders and exhibiters involved... again.

Your support this year has been fantastic and well appreciated, i would to think that you all had an enjoyable weekend and if asked in the future would like to come back again! Also the big group of lads and ladies who came out with the team on the saturday night really made the night a storm! It was nice to actually sit down with you all and... well i would say have a propper conversation but i ended up 3 sheets to the wind or such.

We have taken down the areas we need to improve on and belive me, its only 1 day after the show and the few issues we had have action plans so next year will be ironed out.

All in all folks Thank you very very much for coming along and supporting us and i hope traders, exhibiters and public alike really enjoyed the visit!

As Pete mentioned next year we are a week ahead which will be the 22nd and 23rd of octber, and we aleady have many things in the pipeline so watch this space ;)

Chris Warner

1/4 of the L&YDCC Expo team

It was a great exhibition and both myself and my late-arriving helper enjoyed ourselves a lot. I'm sure my helper seemed to have money setting fire to the bottom of his pocket the way he went around buying stuff. I know him too well, and had an N gauge test track hidden in the off-scene area of Grove street that he made a lot of use of.

I'm looking forward to next year, and hope that we might get invited back :)

I went to the show on Sunday and well enjoyed it, silly question here i am trying to identify one of the layouts so i can search the web for some photos but stupid can't remember the name of the layout or for that matter the gauge!

I am sure it was in one of the two halls, my first thought it was 0 gauge but could of been 00. The main feature was it was end to end the track level was elevated as two road bridges went underneath. i have trawled the exhibition list and not found it as far as i can see. Was there an additional layout not advertised?

Can anybody help?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete i have a feeling the layout you are endlessly looking for will the the Ogauge Layout in the drama hall, by the name of Oldham King Street Parcels. Which i have the feeling features the road bridges you described. It was the layout with full DCC sound, light and smoke! Im am not to sure you will find much on the net about this layout as its reletivly new on the circit only have done about 3 shows to my memory..

Hope this helps?

Chris Warner

L&YDCC expo team

Hi Chris, i thought it was that one, but when i found it on the web it looked smaller and i couldn't see the road bridges at all so i discounted it? Its really bugging me because we were stood in front of it admiring it and discussing how the thought and planning to elevate the track bed and have the excellent detail of the road bridges made our flat as a pancake layouts crap. Then a chap turned round and said " i know what you mean mate" and tootled off an amusing moment..

Regards

Pete

Archived