Scottish steam album

Ben Alder

Posted this yesterday but it ended up on its own outside here. Obviously not got to grips with everything yet.

Just picked up a cracker of a book for anyone interested in ScR steam- Steam in the Scottish landscape by Michael Welch. All colour content of the last decade of Sc steam and superb photography with locations from Stranraer to Wick and full of inspiration and details. Two lovely shots of The Mound for me and a very distressed 7 plank open at Thurso that is crying out to be modelled. Some of the pictures have been seen before, but are so good can be looked at again.

Well worth a place on the library shelf.

Richard

Guest stuartp

Seconded - picked a copy up at Leeds Exhibition (is Bill Hudson ever on his stand ? He seems to be on a fag break every time I've ever bought a book from him !).

I was pleasantly suprised to see some PP&WJR pics in there, only a couple of which I've seen before, with a nice geographic spread across the rest of the country.

• RMweb Premium

I have recently obtained a copy of this; very nice! I am a fan of Michael Welch??™s books and this easily matches the quality of its predecessors. There are some very impressive pictures, although I am still taken by the incongruity of a couple of ex-GWR panniers deep in the Highlands blink.gif

Archived