Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Layout Construction With No Trains Running

Thank goodness for that - I was beginning to think I was alone in liking to operate layouts. At the Cardiff Show they couldn't get me off "Minster"!

Dave

I wil second that one, I had to bring him coffe to the layout for 2 days! smile.gif

John

• RMweb Gold

I haven't been able to play with my models for a while so I have to content myself with these when I'm at work :P

Yeah, but on that layout, when things don't do what they should, you don't have to get on your hands and knees with the bloomin' soldering iron - you just ring a man with a van who can!

• RMweb Gold

Or, worst case scenario, dial 999 and ask for Police, Ambulance and Fire Service.:blink:

Yes, that happens too. In the late '60s, there was an "overtaking" accident at Marden in Kent, with fatalities. Clearly shocked by the info he'd been given on the phone, the supervising signalman (in a remote power box) dialled 999 and when the operator asked the famous question "Which service do you require?" he replied "Send the bl***y lot!" There were issues of whereabouts on the railway, too. He was in Ashford (I think) which is some way from Marden, and I'm not sure BR had quite thought their way through that one, as his local 999 operator would only have had access in those days to her local emergency services, who were not the right people. Lots of lessons learned, as is so often the case in a railway incident.

If I run my trains once in 6 months i'm happy, spend ages cleaning the dirt off the track run them allong each line a few times and then i'm happy with building sceenary for the next 6 months. If I know some of my friends are coming round I might run the trains for them, but I wont go out of my way to do this.

Mark

Archived