Converting a class 27 to a 27/2

I tried that Peter but sadly still no show.  Its unfortunate as I was hunting for photos of 206 for another project ;)

Don't suppose you could PM a copy to me could you...... Pleeeeeeease

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee,

It's not working for me now, maybe PM Andrew (158722) as he posted the pic. I will try and scan my pic of the loco for you too, but I have been having trouble with my computer so it may be a few days.

Meanwhile have a look through the 'Scottish Region in the 1980s' thread, in the Prototype section. Page 4 and 8 show a pic of 27206 plus there are plenty of class 26s and 27s even some nice video.

Is you project in 2mm or 7mm?

Cheers Peter. 

I tried that Peter but sadly still no show.  Its unfortunate as I was hunting for photos of 206 for another project ;)

Don't suppose you could PM a copy to me could you...... Pleeeeeeease

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee,

It's not working for me now, maybe PM Andrew (158722) as he posted the pic. I will try and scan my pic of the loco for you too, but I have been having trouble with my computer so it may be a few days.

Meanwhile have a look through the 'Scottish Region in the 1980s' thread, in the Prototype section. Page 4 and 8 show a pic of 27206 plus there are plenty of class 26s and 27s even some nice video.

Is you project in 2mm or 7mm?

Cheers Peter. 

Hi Peter,

Thanks for that... I completely forgot about the 'Scottish Region in the 80's' thread.  I shall look there and whenever you can get the pic to me is fine no probs at all.

Its anther N gauge project...... I must try to focus to finish my last 7mm project off too.

Cheers

Lee

Hi Peter,

Thanks for that... I completely forgot about the 'Scottish Region in the 80's' thread.  I shall look there and whenever you can get the pic to me is fine no probs at all.

Its anther N gauge project...... I must try to focus to finish my last 7mm project off too.

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee,

No worries, a nice 27/2 to go with your 27103 would be nice. The layout is looking great by the way.

Cheers Peter.

• 1 month later...

Great Pics Peter,

Thank you for sharing those.... the one of 206 is exactly what I was after (minus the pesky ETH cable/ block)... PERFECT!!!!

Ah, the good old days eh...... happy memories of 26's and 27's at Inverness :)

Cheers

Lee

Great Pics Peter,

Thank you for sharing those.... the one of 206 is exactly what I was after (minus the pesky ETH cable/ block)... PERFECT!!!!

Ah, the good old days eh...... happy memories of 26's and 27's at Inverness :)

Cheers

Lee

No worries Lee, glad they are of use.

Still no sign of your layout thread. :locomotive:

Cheers Peter.

Still no sign of your layout thread. :locomotive:

I know, I know...... I almost started one yesterday then became distracted by... of all things... some modelling.  Tut, tut. :dontknow:

Now, back to this thread, I need the dimensions of the largest air vent, behind the drivers door, as seen on the pic of 27208 above... any helpers?????? :rolleyes:

Cheers

Lee

• 4 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

I understand the grills are now available from Shawplan.

Cheers

David

Yup, Shawplan have the grills and modified bodyside window as a set.  I managed to pick one up at the Glasgow show and they are up to their usual high standard.

I can post a photo if anyone is interested.

Yup, Shawplan have the grills and modified bodyside window as a set.  I managed to pick one up at the Glasgow show and they are up to their usual high standard.

I can post a photo if anyone is interested.

Yes Please, I was only thinking the other day that I was going to have to try a scratch the grilles. Any pics would be great.

Cheers Peter.

Yes Please, I was only thinking the other day that I was going to have to try a scratch the grilles. Any pics would be great.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

Good photos on Shawplan's home page of the new 27/2 etches and new Rad grilles for 26/27/33's, I also picked up the new 27/2 etch at the Glasgow show.

www.shawplan.com

Regards

Ken

• RMweb Premium

I've been trying to get some for ages, but the phone number on Shawplan's website is never answered.  I eventually got a reply to an email saying I would get a payment request, but that never came. How do I get some before they are sold out?

I've been trying to get some for ages, but the phone number on Shawplan's website is never answered.  I eventually got a reply to an email saying I would get a payment request, but that never came. How do I get some before they are sold out?

Yep Brian's not the easiest to get hold off via phone or e-mail, he's also away at lots of exhibitions, but keep trying, the 27/2 etch is a recent release, so he should have plenty in hand.....................

Hi Peter

Good photos on Shawplan's home page of the new 27/2 etches and new Rad grilles for 26/27/33's, I also picked up the new 27/2 etch at the Glasgow show.

www.shawplan.com

Regards

Ken

Hi Ken, Hope you are well. Thanks for the link, they look very good I will certainly have to get some. If I can get in touch with Brian.

Cheers Peter.

Archived