TouchCab news & updates

Not much news from the TouchCab team recently.

From the TouchCab Facebook account (22 April 2018) ......

12524121_1058711717518239_77427997860834

We realise there hasn’t been much updates lately. This is because we’ve mainly been concentrating on setting up our new shop, facebook.com/KMSRailtech for more info on that...

Anyway, as far as TouchCab goes, it’s not been totally forgotten about!

We’ve been working on a lot of things which are all slowly coming together!

We’re almost ready to beta test some new features.

One of these is Digikeijs DR5000 support!

We’ve had this working for a little while now but want to get it right, so it fits with the ease of use of TouchCab.

We’ll soon launch Beta 1 of support for this, so if you have a DR5000 let us know! 

Another item we’ve been working on is actually a feature addition... We can’t wait to show it working! 1f609.png

Exciting times ahead!

Edited by Ron Ron Ron

• RMweb Premium

I'm in trouble, again, as I can't transfer the config on my main iPhone to the other two that I use as controllers only.

I had bought another used phone, a 5S this time as my first used buy went faulty after about two years. I haven't been using the extra controllers over the winter as no-one other than myself was ascending to the loft during this over-long cold winter.

The faulty 4s proved repairable but meantime I had wiped it through iTunes. Both will see and apparently copy the main phone's config but it's data doesn't come over.

I put this story on the Touchcab Facebook page, which I don't normally use and but someone did kindly reply suggesting that I copy it over through iTunes as it was an issue at the moment.

I can't work out how to do this.

I backup via iTunes to my PC only via iTunes.

Can anyone tell me how to sort this please?

Syd

Edited by juke

I'm in trouble, again, as I can't transfer the config on my main iPhone to the other two that I use as controllers only.

I had bought another used phone, a 5S this time as my first used buy went faulty after about two years. I haven't been using the extra controllers over the winter as no-one other than myself was ascending to the loft during this over-long cold winter.

The faulty 4s proved repairable but meantime I had wiped it through iTunes. Both will see and apparently copy the main phone's config but it's data doesn't come over.

I put this story on the Touchcab Facebook page, which I don't normally use and but someone did kindly reply suggesting that I copy it over through iTunes as it was an issue at the moment.

I can't work out how to do this.

I backup via iTunes to my PC only via iTunes.

Can anyone tell me how to sort this please?

Syd

Hi Syd,

Appologies for the inconvenience.

If you connect your iPhone to iTunes:

• ​Select your phone in iTunes
  • Select "File Sharing" on the left
  • Select "TouchCab" in the apps column
  • Select "Configuration" (the one that you want if there are many.
  • Select "Save" at the bottom right

Then with your "new" iPhone

• Repeat the first three steps
  • Select "Add..."
  • Select the file you saved

I hope this helps, and I hope to get this fixed soon.

Thanks

Mike

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

I discovered yesterday that Apple themselves have modified the Touchcab app. It was when I was doing general updates to my iPhone 6 that I keep for railway use only, I was surprised to see that there was an update available for Touchcab.

I had removed the Touchcab app from my main iPhone XR as iTC no longer worked. Posting this in case anyone else doesn't know.

Glad to say I reinstalled it and it's working great!

Syd

Edited by juke

1 hour ago, juke said:

I discovered yesterday that Apple themselves have modified the Touchcab app. It was when I was doing general updates to my iPhone 6 that I keep for railway use only, I was surprised to see that there was an update available for Touchcab.

I had removed the Touchcab app from my main iPhone XR as iTC no longer worked. Posting this in case anyone else doesn't know.

Glad to say I reinstalled it and it's working great!

Syd

Do you mean KMS Rail Tech have updated the Apple version of the Touchcab.

Unless Apple themselves have taken over the product then it will only be updated when the software company behind it update it.

• RMweb Premium

I've updated my phones so I can't see exactly what the wording was but it was something like Apple have updated this app, etc

Each phone I have with Touchcab installed hat it notified as an update as normal and each one had the same wording.

Should come as update available on your app store notices.

As I said it's an update alright as it is running on my ios 14 Xr and it didn't before.

Syd

• RMweb Premium

Peter, I know the App number hasn't changed. It was Apple who made work on the latest ios and mentioned it now worked with 64 bit.

My phones all had it listed as an update and it made my Xr work. I have downloaded the app a number of times right up until recently and this update

is a modification of the core I guess rather than features.

I've gone and got my wife's phone which has Touchcab loaded but not updated. See pic attached, taken just now.

IMG_5667[1] s2.jpg

Edited by juke
Reduce pic size

• RMweb Premium

II have explained that after a new ios was applied, maybe 12? my iPhone Xr stopped working with Touchcab. It would appear for a second then disappear. Many others had the same problem.

I have tried every now and again reinstalling  that same version, didn't help.

On a routine updating notice from the app store a few days ago there was one for Touchcab. I had removed Touchcab from my  Xr a short time ago and before that I had tried it every now and then, still didn't work.

Since it was marked as an update I thought I would reinstall it unto the Xr and now it works. That notice is from Apple not the people who took over Touchcab. I would guess they have some software that was set to look for flawed older apps and alter them with that note included.

There would be no reason to change the version number.

I have 3 iPhones 6, 5 and 4s all kept for Touchcab only plus my wife's iPhone which also got the notice.

I aplied the update to the other phones without incident though it didn't seem to affect anything on them so safe enough. I then thought nothing to lose, loaded it unto my Xr and it has worked faultlessly since, over three two hour sessions.

Do you have a newer iPhone that doesn't work since the change of os a while back? If so theres nothing to lose to redownload TC and try it. How can I be the only one to get update markers on 3 phones and my wifes?

Edited by juke
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 year later...

Apple have been removing many Apps from the App Store which had not been updated for a long time and TouchCab seems to have been removed. It was still at version 1.8.4 (which still works for me on iOS 15.4.1) when it was last there.

Great shame if this has bitten the dust as it seemed to be one of the best on Apple devices. It moved into new ownership with KMS Railtech in 2016 but since then little has happened and the web site appears to be unattended. Anyone know anything about the current owners and whether they intend to continue with it?

John

• RMweb Premium

I checked my iphone and sure enough it's gone from the app store.  Strangely I had a look at my wife's iPhone SE 2

and it was still listed, I clicked it and the message shown came up.

TouchCab 26 Apr 22.jpg

• Informative/Useful 1