Scunthorpe Modern Image Exhibtion

ricboo

I am pleased to announce the 1ST MODERN IMAGE EXHIBITION to be held in Scunthorpe. This will be held on Saturday May 21st 2011 starting at 1000hrs and closing at 1630hrs. There are 7 layout booked to appear plus hopefully the layout being built by the Scunthorpe Modern Image Group formed in Dec last year. There will also be a good spread of 7 traders covering all ranges of stocks and secondhand stall as well.

The theme of the exhibition is 'home layouts' by this we mean to show a selection of excellent exhibition layouts which are sized to be able to fit into a home. There is a mixture of both N gauge and 00 gauge layouts, Dragonby being the one of the main stars of the show.

This is being held at Saint Lawrences Church Hall on Church Lane in Scunthorpe postcode DN15 7AE. There is parking on Church Lane outside of the Hall, but also parking is available in the streets around this area. If travelling by train we are situated 150 yards from this and there are ample bus stops on Oswald Road to arrive. This location is 5 mins from the M180 to M181 exit into Scunthorpe.

This exhibition is being held by The Scunthorpe Modern Image Group which is a new group is Scunthorpe.

If anybody would like more information please feel free to message me on this thread or to contact me direct.

Kind Regards

Sounds good!

I'm particularly interested in Dragonby!

How much is the entrance fee, please?

Cheers,

John E.

Hi John, many thanks for the question the will be £2.50 for adults and £1.50 for children and OAP's, family ticket - two adults and two children will be £7.00. Hope to see you there, Dragonby is an excellent N gauge layout - it is superb to watch look out for the DB Schenker Keith Heller red class 67 that will be running on it,

Kind regards

Do you have any posters or flyers? Can put the details up onto the club notice board

Peter

Hi Peter we do have some flyers - if you get me your contact details on PM I can get some out to you - many thanks Richard

• 4 months later...

Well in two weeks it will have all been over, hope it will be a success on Saturday 21st May for our 1st Modern Image Exhibition in Scunthorpe. Good layouts attending:- Dragonby, Port Pennan, Wagon Works, Dawes East just to name some of them. If you enjoy model railways come along as trade support with Shermans Model Shop, Caistor Loco and others.

Hope to see you there

Richard

Well thats Dawes East all set up and tested and pleased to say running fine, 1st signs up around town, its the final rundown week to the exhibition, badges made,programmes printed, silver plaques received for the exhibitors, will be a good day all systems are go.....

Set up day is upon us, cars are loaded ready, fingers crossed,

Just a note to all if using Sat nav and using the postcode it says youve arrived at destination when your only halfway down the road, just carry on as you will see a set of traffic lights ahead of you if coming past the hospital into Church Lane, the hall is jsut before the traffic lights

Hope to see you tommorow, Im on Dawes East so please feel free to say hello

If anyone's thinking of popping down to the show this afternoon, it's well worth a visit!

Acton Mainline still looks excellent - you'd never guess the age of it!

just a quick note from all at Scunthorpe Modern Image Group to say a BIG BIG THANKYOU to all attended the show, for our 1st attempt we were amazed by all of the positive comments received from attendees, we will try to improve the signage next year (council permitting!!!) and make sure we have sweetxex as well as sugar. Look out for the annoucment for next year which is aimed to be a 2 day event with new layouts to come.

We hope you all enjoyed as much as we did running the event, once again a BIG BIG THANKS to all

Richard

We enjoyed it - it was the first show I've taken my little boy to too! He seemed to enjoy it too!

we will try to improve the signage next year (council permitting!!!)

That was the only thing we'd have mentioned. I know Scunny from when I worked there so we found it no problem - and it was nice to park right outside too!

EDIT: Some photos from the show appear on my blog here -

http://eastmoor.blogspot.com/2011/05/thoroughly-modern-scunthorpe.html

Archived