Caledonian Area Group...

Bob Reid

Hi all,

Better count me in this time!rolleyes.gif

Caledonian...

A bit territorial - isn't it?

What about Highland. North British. Great North of Scotland, Glasgow South Western etctongue.gif

Anyway - another one to join the section!

Thanks

Phil H

More "Caledonia" than "Caledonian" Phil - at least that was the intention.... Purely for Scottish members and those with a Scottish interest but not specific to the Caledonian Railway Company...

Bob.

Count me in too. I am taking up modelling again after many years lapse. Mostly I am interested in post war BR before it went blue and diesel, with all the lovely old NB and Caley relics which still hung around...those sumptuously comfortable LMS coaches and clanky old Glens. I have quite a bit of historical knowledge (in parts) but few modelling skills, so what I hope to do is provide sufficient local detail to give an impression, much compressed of what I would like to represent.

I love the skill and detail I have seen on this forum and in this site and hope to watch and learn.

Stockie.

Finding my way around the new site and managed to get here. I see it's Caledonian in full while other groups just have initials. That might upset a few people.

Bernard

Part time resident of Edinburgh, well Currie to those who know the area and had a grandmother by the name of 72001.

I must admit I'd prefer Caledonia (or similar of your choosing) as a group name rather than CAG, I think I was just AG'd out and there's plenty of other AGs in other organisations. Any preferences?

It was more of an interest group than area group, unlike the Southern boys, in terms of usage anyway. :icon_idea:

I know Jamie, but it's just not PC these days to say your only nicking out for CIG :)

I'm quite happy with Caledonian or Caledonia for that matter but if anyones got any other suggestions for a collective name I'm sure we could drum up a topic poll to get a vote on it (not deliberately trying Andy's software out you understand)!

Bob.

Why would it Bernard?

Bob.

When you look at the heat generated in certain quarters over 00 or OO the difference between a full name and an initial might well be cause for WW111 to break out. Don't want to start off the new forum on the wrong foot.

Bernard

• RMweb Gold

Seeing as the groups are re-forming, isn't it time for us "Scottish" members to sign up again - young and old, Scots or not, with a Scottish flavour....

Me first!

Bob.

A quality post! - the Yorkshire contingent is planning a seige of the Crinan canal at this moment, probably just the towpath tho' ;)

• RMweb Gold

I would also join, if you let me.

I'm one of a few germans, that models british railways, and one of a smaller group modelling scottish railways.

At the moment I'm building a fictuos scottish layout in N scale.

post-6872-1255328243337_thumb.jpg

Markus

Archived