Jack's in, or "Shortliners shortline"

shortliner

• 2 weeks later...

A 3-dome tank arrived in several bits yeaterday as a "challenge" from a gentleman in Yorkshire - Thanks Steve! Today I attacked it and fitted the bogies, found it some couplers, persuaded the tank and chassis to stay together as a unit, bent up some steps from staples (successfully lost 3 in the carpet - but I'll find them next time I walk in wth bare feet!), and hit it with a matt black rattle-can - I shall need to think about some decals

post-6688-128362039142.jpg

post-6688-128362043186.jpg

Sometime back Warren said I needed to put a video on, so that the sound can be heard. Yesterday a micro video cam (as per the one that Lance Mindheim used in an earlier link) arrived, and this is my first try at videoing - not awfully successfully let it be said - but it is my first go at it! Very pleased with the camera, BTW - total from Hong Kong with free shipping was the equivalent of about US$12 and I had to buy a microSD card ((7dayshop) bringing the toal up to around US$18

PS Sorry about door #3 which seems to have come adrift - it is now stuck back where it should be!

This is the camera car - a severely cut down cabosse chassis from the scrapbox, with a cut-down hinge (The pin has been twatted with a lump hammer to stiffen the movement) and some lead flashing to prevent the whole thing tipping over- being pushed by S-1 #320. The camera is used upside down to get ithe lens close to a 1:87scale persons head height

post-6688-072563700 1284022554_thumb.jpg

There is apparently a way to change/remove the date, by adding /changing a file that comes on the CD - which mine didn't have - probably why it was so cheap! The other way, according to Youtube is to change the viewing area to a letterbox style - but that is too difficult for a beginner to video like me - I'm pleased I managed to turn the view over!!!

• RMweb Gold

You could lay your camera flat, with the lens pointing upwards, then use a small mirror angled at 45 deg to view along the track. (I' ve purchased such mirrors from the local haberdashery shop, but craft shops should have them too).

Stu

I think for model train purposes one like this might be even better since it is fairly flat with the lens in the end - which would allow it to fit through tunnels and bridges on a flatcar or similar Item number:270633047392 Mine is a little too tall

I got one yesterday, for $0.01 plus shipping, what a bargain. Then I purchased another for $3.25.

Good luck for the show Jack - Sorry I can't be there

Dave

Ditto Jack!

I'll be there in spirit (Glenmorangie if asked...) Taking photos of it there? Any other interesting highland terminii too! If not too much trouble and you have the time...

Best, Pete.

Archived