Jack's in, or "Shortliners shortline"

shortliner

If it's for display, and the real thing was wood.....a little "distressing", "weathering", "wood worm" holes, and old countshunk holes where the original screws were in the corners, complete with "rust" stains........ and paint the back a dirty brown, rubbed down, and stick a ticket with a number on it , and an auction number and ref in chalk.....genuine curio from the States.. Sir! ....obtained at great expense.....

Stephen...

UPDATE - Absolutely nothing has been done in the last few days, I have done something silly to my back, and can hardly move, it is a recurring problem and I just have to wait till it improves in its own time.

to make you fill better, I have lots of spinal problem from being blown up in Iraq, and this week I have done nothing during to losing the ability to grip good. (caused by a disk pushing on the spinal cord in the neck), but I will get back to modeling soon.

Mine is certainly not as severe as yours, it just recurs at irregular intervals - it was originally caused by twisting in the seat of a Mini to remove a shopping bag from the back seat, at which point everything locked, SWMBO had to literally drag me out of the car, and I crawled into the house on hands and knees. The recurrences are nowhere near as bad, nor can I identify the trigger cause - it just feels as though someone has clamped me with a red-hot band around the middle, when I move from sitting to standing or vice versa - normally clears up inside a week, so far we are 3 days in! It is about 15 months since the last occurence, which cleared up in two days. I'd say it is just a PITA - except that it isn't the A that is affected!.

Easing the back gently into adopting positions it hasn't wanted to use, I have added the Caboose Industries ground throws to the turnouts today. All seem to work and all pass curent when the turnouts are thrown. Received an MRC soundbox ebay purchase today, with steam and diesel sounds for DC power. Haven't yet been able to try it out, but it MAY mean that my diesel-only one will be available for sale, at some point in the future. It has had little use and has been used to feed a set of amplified computer speakers with a sub-woofer - the result - turned up - is that the horn is loud enough to make your ears hurt! Sorry, DCC sound doesn't cut it for me!unsure.gif

Much better to have music to taste, with perhaps locomotive and ships noises in the background, DCC sound is a bit thin to say the least.......mind you a modeller I knew played Alpine and German band music all the time, yodelling still makes me think of US trains!!!

Just to prove that work is progressing slowly (but surely), here is the (unpainted ) entrance to the "float barge". Warren the N gauge bridge you sent worked perfectly after being cut down, as the I beam that crosses the top - thank you very much once more. currently trying to find suitable paint to represent the colours.

post-6688-12728944939.jpg

you are welcome jack.

It is looking great.

for the paint, my guess a weathered black, then add some weathering to it after (rust chalk etc). The wood would be a dark wood stain.

Archived