NERAG

The Black Hat

Anyone out for the Locomotive Hauled DRS service for the Tall Ships event?

Yes, see here: RMweb Tall Ships 2010

I'll be out on Saturday, probably just around Eaglescliffe, but maybe further up the coast. I'm also planning a late lunch break on Monday to get out and see Leander go through.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Only just noticed this thread and I hope I'm eligible to join despite living in Essex! I model the north east, I was born in the north east, I visit the north east when I can and I support a north east football team of the red & white striped variety.

Regards to All.

• 1 month later...

Everything was going so well till you got the colour of the stripes wrong! Have to say that I love the pic of 51F you have although its unlikely to be in model form, hence my time of the year impertanent rants of our area yet again being overlooked - and then being shot down in flames again....

• RMweb Premium

A North East man born at Swalwell midway between 52C and 52A. I am now exiled to Lancashire where I came to earn some pennies. Returning as frequently as I could I was able to take many photographs in the area. How I wish that I had started doing that ten years eariier when the likes of G5s abounded. The suburban platforms at East and West of Newcastle were clogged up with them as well the A8s, J21s and the like. However they start from the early sixties and continued to the end of steam. And Yes there are diesels amongst them.

As a taster I offer a Q6 at Low Fell.

post-6751-0-05586200-1300048637_thumb.jpg

Photos from the Eastern Region 1960s-1980s http://www.rmweb.co....dpost__p__11782

These was brought over from the old RMWEB and I am afraid that the first page is rather long.

ArthurK

Guest LNER Tom

Always a joy to see a picture from your collection Arthur.

NER heritage locos have a real beauty about them. 0-6-0s imparticular, especially the J21 :)

I too enjoyed looking through the pictures and thinking that theres certainly a lot of scope to cover the north from busy expresses, to freight and rural branches. Who wouldnt want to model it??

Meanwhile Im sticking to my main layout of the north in its current guise with licence. Needs another board I think!

Anyone out for anything on the 1:1 gauge this year?

• 1 year later...

Another exiled North Easterner here came acroos this thread by accident should we not be in area groups? just it might be easier to find.Anyway hello another Red and White one here living in North Wales but I do try to get back up to the Land of the Prince Bishops when ever I can. I can feel the pull of the Wear especially when the Sea trout are on the move!!

• 3 months later...

Think it got buried once or twice under the scheer weight of other groups too. Problem with this group is that its based on discussion, whereas interests with others overlap and chatting to others on a group such as this is not always a priority when you have posted a few messages to other topics. I also find it hard to find where this thread has got to when it vanishes. Would be good to keep it a regular discussion.

Cheers, David.

I'm away at sea at present; looking to scratchbuild a 4mm scale Q6 this trip. Chassis already completed, & boiler turned, using some brass bar. Just need a few fittings that I forgot to get before coming away, but I think I can make a good start with the bits I've got - it can be completed at home, once I get though the worklist that my wife will have ready for me on my return :)

Mark

• 1 month later...

Locomotion Model Exhibition run by Shildon Model Railway club, in October. Two layouts of members on this thread, Bishop Auckland (mine) and Edward Farms' Leeds Weeklyn Hill both going. Anyone wanting to come and play trains?

Hello David. I might well be able to help out on the Saturday, assuming I'm back home on leave as planned.

Brgds

Mark

Well Ive got a crew for the Bishop Auckland, which is quite a complex and busy timetable to run, but if you want to have a go, then by all means lets see you there. With the ammount of DCC Sound that my layout will be running you'll soon know where I am...

Edwards line runs like clockwork as he and his dad follow a movement roster.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived