Sandhills' 2010 Challenge entry - 'Brooke Stone'

Sandhills

OK not quite sure whats happening then as i havent got a reply , i keep getting action failed lol

Thats good, as i was about to start a little diorama for playing around with locos and photographing but dont need to now!

Mark

No worries Mark,

I will try and PM you later with address, phone number and some possible dates for collection.

• RMweb Gold

Jon, sorry to hear about this, I hope things will brighten up.

What you did with Brooke Stone in a very short space of time was amazing, and personally I have marvelled at every picture you posted on it :icon_thumbsup2:. Glad to hear it will get a good new home.

Looking forward to your continued work on here, even if in a more downscaled form.

hi mate, good to hear from you again, really sorry to hear the bad news and i hope things look up soon. Great shame you couldnt carry on with brooke stone, i know from chats we have had that you where very excited about the project and i know that mark will keep up the great work you have started.

Once Deeping clay gets fully working it would be great to have ya over for a testing session  :D and i look forward to seeing some sort of small plank/diorama getting on here soon. stay in touch mate and keep ya chin up  :D

regards

neil

May i just mirror what everyone is saying! Your work has allways been in my eyes truely inspiring and what you have achieved with Brooke stone in such a short space of time is really good. The scenics on your layouts were the main inspiration to rebuild my layout, so thankyou :)

I'm sorry to hear about your personal troubles and i hope that things start to look up very soon for you mate!

Kind Regards,

Danny

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts.

On a positive note, at least I can now sit in bed with the laptop reading RM without the constant pain in my left ear and my lad has already requested a shelf layout (asap) in his new bedroom !!

As soon as the sun reappears I promise to get out and post some new pics, even if its just a 2ft plank that I can bash together on the kitchen worktop !!

Thanks again chaps..........................

such a shame you've had to give up this layout you have such great moddeling skills, i hope things sort them selfs out for you and i hope we get to see some pics of this layout for your son

keep up the the great work and remember to always keep ya chin up.

good luck

kye

Jon,

Just read through your thread. Yes, I know, always a bit behind, me.

I'm so sorry for you and your lad. Keep going, eh? There's always light at the end of the tunnel, even if you can't see it right now. I've always enjoyed reading your threads and always found your prototype photos very inspiring. Could've done with a few more photos of models though I think. wink.gif wink.gif

I look forward to the day (sometime soon I hope) when you can get back to some modelling and start posting a layout thread on RMWeb again.

Cheers for now,

Dave

Waverley West

Hi Jon

I was so excited to see your thread at the top of the postings list, but then was gutted to hear your news, both on the home front and the modeling front. :( You even had me shouting "Nooo" when you talked about skipping Brooke Stone :O :O

Although I am very sad to hear that your time on 2010 has come to an end, I think you have inspired many including myself, and I loved the Model Rail article.

Jon, I hope things become a little more settled for you and your Lad soon and perhaps a little plank might be good therapy for you both but only when the time is right.

Keep the faith Jon,

All the best Paul

It must be so hard.

But try and enjoy the time with your little one and focus less on whats happening around you when you can.

Hopefully when the time is suitable you can get some therapy in building another of your innovative and realistic planks.

Bestest wishes,

Lukasz

It must be so hard.

But try and enjoy the time with your little one and focus less on whats happening around you when you can.

Hopefully when the time is suitable you can get some therapy in building another of your innovative and realistic planks.

Bestest wishes,

Lukasz

Dont worry chaps , i intend on continuing with Brooke Stone as Jon's Brilliant work has to be shown off and hopefully if it is picked up before next weekend i intend of having it on display at Churchrail as i personally think Jon's brilliant work should be shown off and i intend to exhibit the layout once finished and hopefully Jon will come along and run some of his stock.

I know exactly how Jon is feeling as i have had exactly the same thing happen in the last week and im glad to be able to do a bit more modelling lately.

Mark

John,

Like everyone else on here can I add my sorrow for the tough times both you and your little lad are going through.

I'd also like to say that the swell of support on this forum shows just how much you are viewed as an inspiration to people with a skill for this hobby that is very hard to match, to the extent I'm still convinced that Brooke Wharf must be a real place!?! :)

I can't wait to see the shelf layout as soon as it's ready and I know I won't be the only one.

Keep going and everyone's thoughts are with you. :)

Once again chaps, a huge thank you for all your messages of support & kind comments both on the thread & via PM.

You will be pleased to know that your words have spurred me on and after a 'full on' weekend of decorating, diy and modelling kiddo has a new room and the beginnings of a new model railway !

Results on the blog here -

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/blog/6/entry-2882-sandhills-short-shelf-life/

Thanks again............................

Hi All ,

No Work has been done on Brooke Stone since it being into my hands apart from a Portacabin next to the Wagon Repair Depot, I plan to run Blue era Diesels on the layout now and the first Blue loco to appear is 25034 which i acquired yesterday at Churchrail.

Heres a couple of shots

post-4637-126799429067_thumb.jpg

25034 arrives at Brooke Depot for servicing

post-4637-1267994222_thumb.jpg

25034 sits partially inside the depot building

post-4637-126799410292_thumb.jpg

Another shot of 25034 in the depot with a newly repaired OBA wagon sat outside the wagon repair depot.

post-4637-126799451717_thumb.jpg

25034 having been serviced picks up the repaired OBA wagon.

post-4637-126799443336_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Mark,

Even though the rat is weathered by me it still looks to clean in the photo's I think some photoshop work is required ?

perhaps some of my dirty blue diesels should come for a visit !!

I took some photo's at Churchrail of your EWS fleet on Brooke stone hopefully I can remember how to post photo's on here ?

Colin

• 7 months later...

Hi All ,

No Work has been done on Brooke Stone since it being into my hands apart from a Portacabin next to the Wagon Repair Depot, I plan to run Blue era Diesels on the layout now and the first Blue loco to appear is 25034 which i acquired yesterday at Churchrail.

Hi Mark

Is Brooke Stone still alive?

Paul

Archived