Rose Hill, Marple in P4

James Hilton

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the support, advice and guidance on this thread...

It has been really inspiring today to get so much support, suffice to say I'm going for it - P4!

Rose Hill should ease me in gently - after all there are no turnouts!

I'll be placing my order for the parts from Ultrascale and Exactoscale next week :)

As required, and as I prefer the blogs, here is a link to my blog specifically for this layout:

Cheers

James.

Hi James,

Looks like a great idea to me - I am intrigued by this competition - need to get Rannoch finished but I do have 2 prototypes in the Northwest that would eventually be able to be part of my masterplan which could both fit into to this. I will enjoy watching yours develop as Paxton road was very good and interesting to see.

good luck,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Simon - us two, the P4 beginners - if we're both at Members Day I don't think the Pacer will negotiate your tight yard curves!

Hi James,

Talking about P4 Beginners, had you spotted that the Scalefour Society is running a P4 Workbench for modellers just started in, or curious about, P4?

It's at the Model Railway Club in Central London, on 28 February. More details at:

http://www.scalefour.org/Shows/workbenchadvert.htm

Flymo

(with Society marketing hat on)

Hi Flymo - yes I had - long way to go for me, and to be honest the trackwork and re-wheeling isn't really a concern. I plan to try a turnout this year, and any modern image re-wheeling seems to be a simple 'drop in' job. Guess I'll go from there...

The only other locos I envisage for this layout are a Bachmann 150/1 if/when it's released in Northern rail blue/white/pink - and Ultrascale do a drop in conversion for that.

One future mad-capped idea was to make a further 2 or 3 baseboards...

1) Rose Hill - as planned here

2) Cutting running to the mainline

3) Junction with mainline with mainline going off scene

4) Romiley station

Then I can run Sheffield - Manchester passenger trains, stone stuff in/out of the area plus a few other interesting traffics. Bit of a longer term dream though! I'd definitely need a few points then! :)

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Simon - us two, the P4 beginners - if we're both at Members Day I don't think the Pacer will negotiate your tight yard curves!

Update tonight with sketch - check blog for more details!

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/blog/376/entry-2266-getting-creative-a-sketch-of-things-too-come/

med_gallery_6671_270_219129.jpg

I love the sketch... always a good idea to help map out a concept... but is it just me expecting to see Paddington Bear prodding his nose around the corner of the station building :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Great idea that James for P4, i just had a good read of the blog & enjoyed seeing that pacer get bashed. Although i hate travelling on them their is something about the pacer that gets me everytime i see one or even hear one.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this layout grow especially with that nodding donkey coming along rolleyes.gif

Simon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I did wonder if this project would end up dying during 2010 with the summer (when I end up spending lots of time mountainbiking), the MSC Railway project and plenty of OO stuff on Paxton Road (layout and stock) to work on - but somehow both the station and the Pacer have found their way onto my work bench recently.

Sorry - no photos (yet).

The station is ready for detailing now I've done the basic finishing and the Pacer has had the colour applied and the masking removed - it looks 'ok' but will need a bit of tidying up here and there before I'm happy to present it to the world :)

Glad its not died! I was wondering where this one had gone unsure.gif

It looks like you may have a nice suprise DMU for the layout from Realtrack Models this weekend smile.gif If I understand all the cryptic clues correctly that is...

I'm inspired to have a go at a (FGW)Pacer myself, from seeing your chassis mods.

tfn

Jon

Jon is that a 'local lines' or an ex Northern Spirit one! At least both would be a fairly straight forward masking job unlike the horrible curves of the Northern livery - it's been doing my head!

Glad there are a few RMWebbers who want to see how this has been going. I'll endeavour to grab a few snaps. I was planning on digging out Caerphilly Castle for some TLC before Showcase this weekend but I might press on with this instead! :)

Will probably go for the FGW/First North West '142 - I like the pink doors and gold stars! The factory finish Hornby have done looks rather good, so it shouldn't need too much work on the body at all - other than updating the doors.

tfn

Jon

Archived