Links to Boxfile & Micro Layouts

• RMweb Gold
On 03/02/2019 at 19:19, Ian Holmes said:

Well, kinda sorta. Life got in the way and it hasn't been updated in ages.

Found it but thanks for reply. For some reason my copy/paste of the URL from your post didn't work initially. Do like the Vitacress layout.

Edited by john new
Spotted a typo

• 10 months later...

This is the thread I started when I built my first boxfile layout 'Brierley Canal Road' The first three boxes were featured in Model Rail's 'Great British model railways' publication, in May 2019. It was subsequently extended to increase operational interest, and is now over 7ft long!

• Like 2

I never cease to be inspired by the micro model creativity of railway modellers here on the Forum and elsewhere.

Jim Read’s 0 Gauge micros with locomotives and wagons scratch built from card are two of my favourites:

And this 1/12  scale ‘Mr Chips Potato Farm’ by Diamond Jack Dave is another gem!

Edited by Marly51
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, john new said:

Would it help to have this pinned to the thread head? Not sure who arranges that (the mods I guess) but just a thought.

Good idea, all done.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can I throw this one into the hat? Until I found this thread I had forgotten about the box file layout I built. This layout gave me a lot of pleasure.

Funnily enough the layout exists though in a very different form. It has been rebuilt as a more conventional micro in EM and a lot of the stock has been adapted too.

Martyn

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

I have been on RM Web for a while now, but haven't added links to my layouts. So here they are (my jimsmodeltrains website link first, followed by the RM Web for the same layout):

Edited by jimsmodeltrains

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Here is a link to my (very old) thread about my first APA box layout - East Barnes Lane Depot. (I've noew reinstated the missing photos).

Edited by davidge
Images now reinstated on original thread