Oxford diecast... whats next?

BROADTRAIN1979

• 3 weeks later...

The John Ayrey website shows some new castings for later in the year. Leyland Royal Tiger coach (1950s), Brown-Bofors gun, CMP army truck, Dennis F8 fire pump escape, Ford Fiesta Mk1, BSA motorcycle and sidecar in 1/76 and Lotus Elan +2 in 1/43.

http://www.ayrey.co....tems.asp?id=612

And for the railway, a Raleigh 3 wheel van in LMS livery from the mid 30s.

• 3 weeks later...

That mail order firm in Liverpool is reporting the arrival of the Austin ATV, Bedford HLG, and Coventry Climax pump trailer. I have made room for one each in NFS grey.

PB

And the Austin ATV is only two years late in arriving, but I am still looking forward to it!

• Like 1

Guest jim s-w

ok they release a citroen cv2 but this wouldbe neat

CITROEN DS WORLD

There's an ancient 4mm scale one, can't remember who from, possibly husky

Hth

Jim

Indeed, there's an estate version from Husky that (IIRC) is exactly 1/76, both it and the Merc in their range are spot on for 00 gauge. However it would be handy if someone was to come up with a 1/76 DS/ID salloon.... in fact any French cars would be welcome as Renault 5s/16s, Citroen CXs, Peugeot 205s/Pug Saloons etc seem to have a significant part in the makeup of the British road scene from the 1970s onwards.... IMHO it's a bit of a shame that Oxford have gone for the Dauphine and 2CV as they are notable cars but not for their prevalence on ou roads.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For more up to date pictures see film clip on Youtube 'Oxford Diecast Preview Days' film about 2 weeks ago by Collectors GB.

Nice information of new products including Scania 111 tractor unit and T cab, also OB Bedford coaches have been re-model and steam roller ( which I recon will be out at by The Great Dorset Steam Fair dates ).

• 1 month later...

I hope Martin's list is what is on the way. What we need is grey porridge cars like the Marina/Aggro/Maestro/etc as they are more common than the exotica of the Bentley/Lotus/Aston Martin variety.

Some more modern small vans would be useful too, like the latest Ford sub-Transit or whatever it's called, or Astra, etc.

steve

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Matchbox do a Transit Connect semi-van but I think that it is a bit larger than OO scale as it seems to be the same size as their 1985 Ford Transit model which should be bigger by comparison!!

• 2 weeks later...

I received notice from Hattons that the Southern National Bedford OB's are due in this month....Anyone have ideas on how to model one with the door open as it would be waiting at a station.

• Like 1