then brings in the light crane

post-13979-0-64743600-1324046053_thumb.jpg

#9 couples up to #3375, ike's got the rerailers in place

post-13979-0-89426600-1324046085_thumb.jpg

everythings ready to lift the block

post-13979-0-50001900-1324046108_thumb.jpg

block safely moved

#9 can now slowly pull them back on track,

looks like its going to be a busy weekend for the track gang.

funny how when something goes wrong everybody disappears

Improvements?

Detailing the locos would look good...especially the ends. It probably would not be noticed except in photos though. I take it you've seen "Sweet Home Alabama" - the layout by Jon Grant? I got some great ideas from that.

Best, Pete.

Improvements?

Detailing the locos would look good...especially the ends. It probably would not be noticed except in photos though. I take it you've seen "Sweet Home Alabama" - the layout by Jon Grant? I got some great ideas from that.

Best, Pete.

Dear LI Jack,

Echoing Pete's comments, even a simple styrene filler piece below the couplers on either end pilot, to "fill the gap between it's teeth", will immediately lift the BB Athearns appearances, and it's one of the simplest upgrades any modeller can perform. Also, since the 90's, many SG rrs removed the end pilot brakeman's steps from all locos. Replicating this is less than 10 seconds work per loco, with a pair of sidenippers... ;-)

Happy Modelling,

Aim to Improve,

Prof Klyzlr

PS getting the jacks to lift the car up and off a pair of trucks,

have some welding "flashes" appear,

and then lower back down again

(repeat ad nauseum, ad infinitum)

would actually be relatively easy to achieve. (Tortoise motor pushing the jacks via "Wire-in-Tube", plus audio-driven flashing LEDs). For bonus points, sound/action sync could also be achieved with a suitable player, such as a DreamPlayer... http://www.fantasoni...ams/player.html

pete

thats on my to do list, you right it does show up in the photo's,but as i said earlier at shows there be 3-4 ft away,they will get done but when???

i've two other projects on the go one with a deadline so i don't spend a lot of time on helm now,usually a bit of a tidy up be for any shows

post-13979-0-81402100-1324110977_thumb.jpg

not much moving this morning still reparing track after yesterdays derailment

John and I think alike - although my version is slightly simpler - The car body is fixed in position on the jacks in raised position with Gas bottles/welding kit beside it and a workman underneath, with a welding flasher and a blue LED mounted in the base of the car, together with a mini on/off switch - I think it could be run from a 9V bsttery inside the car, removing the requirement for wiring

Really like this layout, I keep coming back to see more. You asked for suggestions, a simple one - trash cans. They help to explain why a model of a modern industry is prototypically tidy,

I made some out of oil drums with the tops drilled out and painted a nice bright colour (red, white and blue) I couldn't make any "Pitch In" decals small enough though! As a final touch I stuffed some scraps of paper and matchsticks in the top to give viewers the idea.

All the best

Nick

Really like this layout, I keep coming back to see more. You asked for suggestions, a simple one - trash cans. They help to explain why a model of a modern industry is prototypically tidy,

I made some out of oil drums with the tops drilled out and painted a nice bright colour (red, white and blue) I couldn't make any "Pitch In" decals small enough though! As a final touch I stuffed some scraps of paper and matchsticks in the top to give viewers the idea.

All the best

Nick

Dear Nick, LI Jack,

Walthers do a "Industrial Dumpster" kit which is imminently suitable and bashable...

Happy Modelling,

Aim to Improve,

Prof Klyzlr

Also, since the 90's, many SG rrs removed the end pilot brakeman's steps from all locos. Replicating this is less than 10 seconds work per loco, with a pair of sidenippers... ;-)

Foot boards have been illegal since at least the late 1970's.

I've never seen a dumpster that shape over here. Around NJ they tend to be rectangular in shape and about 50% bigger than British ones. They also tend to have to small metal roller wheels on one end. Other places in the US may be different............

I must admit I have never studied them on my travels!

Best, Pete.

Archived