59th AND RUST ( NOW retired 2021)

Great to meet up & see the layout again - there is no such thing on an urban switching layout as "too much litter" :D

It should really carry a Health Warning, though - it's highly likely to turn one into an Alco-holic. :nono:

(yes I know it's an old joke but Ray's locos just sound so good!! :yes: )

• Like 3

Well that was Stafford, good weekend, layout work well (other than operator error!!),good to see a lot of old face and quiet a few new ones!!!, new additions to the layout went down well, especially the washing.

I had a lot of question asked about my buildings and the added detail, by the end of each day I was a little horse, good job we had plenty of beer to keep me  lubricated !!!!!!!  

Nick P got the hang of running the layout and how to drive Alco's properly!!!!!!!, he must have enjoyed himself, he came back for more on Sunday ( or was it  just for the free dinner!!!!!!!!)

That's it now  till Trainwest in April, come along and say helloooooooo!

Ray

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Out and about this weekend, traveling " down south" to Trainwest, if your in the area call and say helloooooooooo!

attachicon.gifDSCF0552.JPG

Ray

Hi,

Good to meet you in the flesh at 'Trainwest' today -  great layout and 'respect' for taking the trouble to come all the way down from that far 'up north'.  Must study the layout photos in more detail now, to see evidence of the yard's apparent rat infestation ;)   That's what happens if you leave all that rubbish lying about.

Hi Ray,

I had a good day out to Trainwest on Sunday and it was good to see and hear 59th and Rust in action, for me it was one of the highlights of the show.

I enjoyed our chat, thanks for bringing the layout along,

cheers

Kevin

• Like 2

As we speak, got the cat on guard while unloading the layout, but those southern rats haven't travelled north, must be the not so sunny climes of west Cumbria!!

nice to talk to Stevencb7754 and rivercider over the weekend, glad you both enjoyed the layout. quiet a few people interested in the layout.

only problem was a couple of couplings playing up, put it down to the heat!!!! ( operator error really)

RAT Ray

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just came across this thread, fantastic layout. The buildings and urban atmosphere are geat, love to see the layout in the flesh sometime. I like the construction methods as well, great stuff.

Steve.

• 4 months later...

hi all, I've 2 exhibitions next year, both in March,10-11th, Macclesfield and 24-25th Alley Pally,2018 could be the last year for the layout, i've had plenty of interest for shows, but no conformations, so if you haven't seen it ,these will be your last chance.

Have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

post-13979-0-96017100-1513951805.gif

Ray

• Like 5

hi all, I've 2 exhibitions next year, both in March,10-11th, Macclesfield and 24-25th Alley Pally,2018 could be the last year for the layout, i've had plenty of interest for shows, but no conformations, so if you haven't seen it ,these will be your last chance.

Have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

attachicon.gifD279FA3D-8DBF-4B87-8E26-B3435D3FE460.gif

See you at Ally Pally

Ray

• 2 months later...

Heads up, will be out at Macclesfield 10-11th March and possibly 59th's last exhibition at Alley Pally 24-25th March, been cleaning/repairing the layout and did a short video of the CNJ RS3 doing a bit of switching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOWaUkq34tU&feature=youtu.be

Rookie crew on the local can't get those couplers to line up!!

WARNING turn the volume down, unless you like Alco's!

Ray

Edited by long island jack
  • Like 8

Did a spot of railfanning on the corner of Rust st ,just as CNJ RS3 turned up and also a Black and White, time to move on!!

post-13979-0-20183400-1519639355_thumb.jpg

Dan, not sure what's happening to 59th yet, plan was when all exhibitions were fulfilled it was going to live on my cellar wall so I can play with, as I do now, but things may change!

Ray

• Like 8

Another short video for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u3u2cL8YPE

Getting the layout and stock ready for Macclesfield next weekend 10-11 March (if it's still on) if your in the area come and say hellooo!.

last exhibition in the North this year.

Ray

p.s for some reason it freezes at 1.38, just let it run

Edited by long island jack
  • Like 4

Hi Ray

I came across this thread a couple of months ago and I'm really impressed with 59th and Rust,a brilliant layout.Well done.I usually model British outline but through a friend have been tempted to North American in n gauge.Not got building anything yet,but plans will be afoot once get shed finished in the spring.A similar layout to yours would be right up my street.

Good luck for show at Macclesfield,and weather permitting may make the trek to see it.

Best wishes

Terry