59th AND RUST ( NOW retired 2021)

• 4 months later...

59th and Rust has been drafted in to cover for a layout that's had to pull out of Barrow show, knowing how Ian the exhibition manager always like's new layouts, i've decided to call the layout "East Ferry" for the show, an area of Newark, New Jersey,  period 1965-73, running mainly CNJ, with a hint of PC, if your in the area call in and say hello, always a good little show.

post-13979-0-22701400-1536074435_thumb.jpg

Ray

P.S and they take you to the pub on Saturday night :locomotive:  :locomotive:  :drink_mini:

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Out at the weekend, at Barrow exhibition as a fill in layout, so I've decided to give the layout a name change for the show to East Ferry, a move across the Hudson in to Newark, New Jersey.

post-13979-0-42644600-1539262163_thumb.jpg

New name board

post-13979-0-56454600-1539262268_thumb.jpg

post-13979-0-17610100-1539262285_thumb.jpg

post-13979-0-87665500-1539262305_thumb.jpg

The loco's that will be used mainly, with a little help from Penn Central.

If your in the area call in looks like a good show.

Ray

• Like 9

I like the New Jersey Central Lines! One of the few US companies to have double ended diesels like the UK - though it didn't last long.

Glad to see this layout still active, one of my favourites.

Best, Pete.

Hi Pete

Nice to hear from you

Don't often get a chance to run my CNJ stuff, so thought a change of name and new sign was called for!

• Like 1

Well another great weekend, everything ran ok, just one small problem during testing on Friday night, soon sorted.

Lots of questions and good comments about the layout, i was a little horse at the end of the day, pleased there was plenty of liquid refreshment after the show.

As to name change not sure yet, but saying that I did get an invite to an exhibition, the exhibition manager thought it was my new layout, till I pointed out I did his exhibition 2 years ago with the same layout!!!

post-13979-0-04061200-1539808174_thumb.jpg

That's it till next year, couple of exhibitions booked and maybe a couple of new one's, fingers crossed.

Ray

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Wendell, glad you like it, with just to more booked exhibition next year, 2019 could be it's last, still deciding whether to keep,sell or scrap it yet, or build a smaller replacement.

Convert it to a Freemo module. 

• 3 weeks later...

NEWS FLASH

Just had conformation 59th and Rust will be in the March 2019 Model Railroader

better get your copies ordered, it's bound to be a sell out, lol :locomotive:    :sungum: 

Ray

Congratulations!  Haven't subscribed for years, but I'll have to pick up that issue...