Welsh exhibitions

Piemanlarger

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 02/05/2022 at 15:33, John-Miles said:

Cardiff exhibition this year is in mid- August and at a new venue in the Ice Rink (there will be no ice) It will be much larger than previous Cardiff shows.

Also guys can you park responsibly please as cbyc's entrance road is near the ice rink 👍

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, vikingsmb said:

Also guys can you park responsibly please as cbyc's entrance road is near the ice rink 👍

Presumably there is parking at the venue......

32 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Presumably there is parking at the venue......

There is a car park behind the 'Ice Arena Wales'

Opposite is the former Toys 'R' Us store, lately a mass vaccination centre - with a large car park.

Also nearby is the white water rafting centre.

What, if any, restrictions exist at these car parks, I know not.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, mozzer models said:

Just paid my Stand Rent for the Penarth show (247 Developments)

July 2nd & 3rd 2022

Tidy.........I'll possibly be ringing an order through Brian. Certainly want to run a couple of things by you. 

Rob. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 25/06/2022 at 16:44, bazjones1711 said:

We will be attending the Barry and Penarth show on Saturday and Sunday 2nd / 3rd july 2022 with the first showing of our Tees Yard wagon repair depot , although not fully finished , with some elements being work in progress , link below to the show ;

https://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/event/23704-BarryPenarthModelRailwayClub_Exhibition487654779_tees1.thumb.jpg.3066a433db0f1161e9af93e2171ba0cb.jpg

Probably just as well this layout isn't set in Germany.

You could almost imagine some joker calling it Werken Progress.

OK - perhaps not ... .

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

I spent an excellent few hours at the show this morning.....caught up with a few familiar faces and enjoyed the layouts. Thanks to Sheepbloke for hosting my (very small) rucksack although I then missed all the jolly social interaction carrying it about can provide.....

There are some fotos here - click on the photo for my album..

Chris H

Penarth Show July 2022

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

Good to see you, Chris. 

I really like Llandafal. Nice job. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Top marks for this show. I couldn't stay more than an hour and a bit due to other commitments, but I was really impressed by the variety and quality of the exhibition, with something for everyone. Just enough trade support, and a nice, spacious feel so you weren't hemmed in all the time. I had a good long chat with @NHY 581alongside the excellent Bleat Wharf and enjoyed seeming my old layout Paynestown still being exhibited, and (mostly) behaving itself. Of the other layouts, plenty of good stuff, both UK and foreign, but I was particularly taken with the design and execution of Llandaifal, which seemed to cram an enormous amount of operating potential into a very small footprint, yet didn't look cramped or contrived.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This show has been organised to raise funds for Alzheimers Charities, with many railway minded friends giving their time to exhibit their layouts, or demonstrate a variety of modelling skills.

Hot & cold drinks, as well as cold snacks will be available.

There will be a raffle, to raise additional funds to the entrance fees, for Alzheimers Charities

A map of Barry Island, and the location of the Barry Island Community Centre can be found at:- https://goo.gl/maps/fHbTojghNjAVWQg46

The Cardiff Bus No.95 timetable can be found at:- https://www.cardiffbus.com/services/CB/95

TfW information can be found at:- https://tfw.wales/places/stations/barry-island

Please come long and support a good cause that has personally effected many members of our railway enthusiast family.

RiSW Barry Show - poster - For general digestion-2.jpg

Edited by br2975
  • Like 3