EBay madness

Marcyg

Yup. I think it's effectively weekly, with 4 parts per month sent together. Which seems a bit odd.

I did notice that on the website the cover shots looked like the casing was resin cast, but the detailed pictures looked like white metal. That would be a big lump of white metal in O gauge.

I wonder how many people actually finished the Flying Scotsman.

Yup. I think it's effectively weekly, with 4 parts per month sent together. Which seems a bit odd.

I did notice that on the website the cover shots looked like the casing was resin cast, but the detailed pictures looked like white metal. That would be a big lump of white metal in O gauge.

I wonder how many people actually finished the Flying Scotsman.

The NRM certainly haven't finished their Flying Scotsman - not sure which issue they missed and which parts they need

The NRM certainly haven't finished their Flying Scotsman - not sure which issue they missed and which parts they need

Wasn't the problem that the front frames of theirs got damaged in the post? :scratchhead:

I don't care how rare/exclusive/limited edition it is, I still can't see paying 86 USD for a Bachmann coal wagon??? I am wrong?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-BOXED-Bachmann-37-101V-7-PLANK-WAGON-W-H-THOMAS-SON-No-119-123-OF-504-/201138852013?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item2ed4cf50ad#ht_2791wt_1024

Edited by Ian Abel

"Cornering the market" in Hornby ( kit-built -clue?) in Hornby class 24's

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=330902855715&pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&_osacat=0&hash=item4d0b58e023&_ssn=gostude&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xhornby+class+24&_nkw=Hornby+class+24&_sacat=0

starting at nearly a £100 plus off course.. .  Geeeeeeez

Edited by soony

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=330902855715&pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&_osacat=0&hash=item4d0b58e023&_ssn=gostude&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xhornby+class+24&_nkw=Hornby+class+24&_sacat=0

GosTurde!!

• RMweb Premium

Wouldn't you expect "mint" items to include a decent box as well?

Some of those are decidedly tatty!

Keith

EDIT Surely this is a more realistic price for R068:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLASS-25-BO-BO-25247-Hornby-R068-/301251242325?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4623f92955&nma=true&si=YZSb5iPGg%252FDzM4Gx2sNXSZxo%252F08%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

(£22)

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Gold

Over £100 for a Hornby 25 is not going to happen.

However, these are not box standard 25s but modified to produce 24/0 and 24/1, quite a bit of work, I've done a couple back in the 1980s.

Still not worth over £100, but I'd much prefer the based on the Bachmann base model, and the forthcoming Bachmann 24/1 is less than £100 anyway.

Neil

1449 postive sales this month with 44 neutrals and 44 negatives..  At those profits , he's making a good income even with Ebay fees..   I just can't understand how he generates those volume of sales - Its a lot to buy yourself through other accounts.

• RMweb Premium

It's a business, not a person, ostensibl based in USA but sourcing their stock from all over. They sell advertise a lot photographic stuff. They don't appear to hold stock but probably order it in response to the orders on ebay. Apparently a lot of orders appear as out of stock, so maybe they can't always get what you order.They no doubt trade under other names as well on other national ebay sites. Even their mail address in New Jersey may not be their real office; there are a number of businesses using what appears to be a warehouse unit as an address. Trying to track them down via Google led to companies mainly importing from China but it wasn't possible to identify a particular one as being the parent as it were.

I certainly wouldn't buy from them, even if prices were reasonable (their photographic stuff appears to be more comptetitively priced .than their trains)

Pete

edited for typos

Edited by petethemole

It's a business, not a person, ostensibl based in USA but sourcing their stock from all over. They sell advertise a lot photographic stuff. They don't appear to hold stock but probably order it in response to the orders on ebay. Apparently a lot of orders appear as out of stock, so maybe they can't always get what you order.They no doubt trade under other names as well on other national ebay sites. Even their mail address in New Jersey may not be their real office; there are a number of businesses using what appears to be a warehouse unit as an address. Trying to track them down via Google led to companies mainly importing from China but it wasn't possible to identify a particular one as being the parent as it were.

I certainly wouldn't buy from them, even if prices were reasonable (their photographic stuff appears to be more comptetitively priced .than their trains)

Pete

edited for typos

Something like Amazon then but without the stock .... and prices

• RMweb Premium

Curiously one listing I found includes this: Please note: This item cannot be returned to Amazon.com

'All Listings' total 1,364,454 across a wide range of categories.

The business name, Nexcellent Inc, or the Nexcellent Corporation, trades in USA as BESTDEALUSA and are Amazon traders and also trade through Tumblr and other sites.

I don't care how rare/exclusive/limited edition it is, I still can't see paying 86 USD for a Bachmann coal wagon??? I am wrong?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-BOXED-Bachmann-37-101V-7-PLANK-WAGON-W-H-THOMAS-SON-No-119-123-OF-504-/201138852013?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item2ed4cf50ad#ht_2791wt_1024

Perhaps it includes the coal - a rare commodity these days!

• RMweb Gold

Remember when there was 50+ pages of froth elsewhere on rmweb about the Hornby 4VEP?  If you're happy to pay the wrong side of 250 sovs you can get a weathered one here (and it's not ukpartsdeal)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TMC-Hornby-R2946-BR-Blue-Class-423-VEP-4-Car-EMU-Weathered-/251272061030?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3a80fb6066

• RMweb Gold

How does this bit work then????

Does not ship to United Kingdom See details

Item location:
Liskeard, Cornwall, United Kingdom

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

How does this bit work then????

Does not ship to United Kingdom See details

Item location:
Liskeard, Cornwall, United Kingdom

Mike.

It's because you're viewing the item on ebay.com rather than ebay.co.uk. 

• RMweb Premium

More like watching it to see if anyone's silly enough to pay that price............. and then sell their own for a similar profit (and no - I haven't got one)

I was watching the recent comic sale that went for $3M plus - no way was I interested in purchasing!

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford